What Size Exhaust Piping?

Deano

Banned
I'm looking at getting a straight through exhaust system for my Glanza what size piping do you guys recommend? I just called up an exhaust guy and he says he recommends 2 inch piping is that too small? I thought 2.25 and 2.5 piping is good for the 4efte? I don't want to lose power. Cheers Dean

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
There wouldn't really be a noticable differance except for the N/A cycle of the running, 2.25 Inch seems to be best for that, where as the 2.5 would give you a slightly better topend. Personally i'd go for the 2.25

Dan3SGTE

Member +
from 2.25-2.5 you wouldnt notice anything in the real world... I would go for the 2.5 just in case you go for some high power eventually. You cant really go wrong with that

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
So wouldn't 2.25 give good topend?

As said you wouldn't really notice it in the real world, I'd favour the 2.25 as it'll give slightly better bottom end and mid range. But if you have future plans to go for bigger power or turbo then go for 2.5 in

glanzasteve

Fresh Recruit
mate go with the same size as a decat, 2.5, theres no point restrickting it anymore, your turbo will create anoth back pressure anyway,

also where did u get your quot from and how much was it

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
Imo 2.25inch is perfect for the 4e engine, i run 2.25inch piping from the downpipe on my TD04 and helps me keep the torque up and notice no dip in performance at the top end.

~Nick

fred

Member +
bigger bores after the turbo wont loose you tourque, the pressure is built up before the turbo in the manifold.

Kelly

Member +
what other mods you got deano? i only ask coz i only had a cat back exhaust fitted and it made it creep very bad be prepared :p

SFRACER

Fresh Recruit
i´m running apexi catback 2.25, but i have CT9 stock turbo, so last week i started to lose power...

what can i do???.... i´m thinking in replace it, by the stock pipe

fastglanza

Member +
u cant outflow the turbo...3" 2.5" 2.25" can work..its up to u...most starlets wont have power to need beyond 2.5"

but the bigger u go you'll slow the gas velocity....For drag racing most ppl run a short pipe (ends around a bit after the car seats)

starlet666

Member +
the age old saying is after a turbo bigger is better but with bigger u get noise with noise u get police hassles..... the less resistance behind a turbo is the best u can do... but u will lose bottom end drivability
what do u want outta the car top end power or midrange torque

Deano

Banned
Atm I don't have any fueling mods I gotta get that all sorted out. I have an auto so won't be able to get real high power out of it like 250 hp I want top end power and mid range torque lol Why would I lose bottom end drivabilty? I thought by getting a straight through with decat pipe my turbo would spool quicker? Going to get a quote today

Adam_Glanza

Member +
because the bigger the pipe the less backpressure there is, which turns into less downlow torque but more power higher up the revs.