What size piston do starlet have

Got.Boost

Fresh Recruit
Hello everyone

What size pistons do standard glanza have as looking at forged pistons and don't know what size to go for so what's the advantages of using 75mm over 74mm/74.5mm

Rev

Member +
Hello everyone

What size pistons do standard glanza have as looking at forged pistons and don't know what size to go for so what's the advantages of using 75mm over 74mm/74.5mm

From seeing dynos with the larger piston there is a torque increase from standard cr I guess this will also improve the off boost performance when cr is less with going forged.

Last edited:

GaryGT

Member +
going forged and oversize means if you have a good block and you build it rite you'll have a nice tight setup and reduced piston slap if done correctly, any engine ive build ive recommend 75mm and with this setup it results in a good tight engine package
but i suppose its up to the individual and i suppose ur budget aswell.
Ive also run Total seal racing rings on my engines which is a massive help aswell ;-)
ul still get a good setup on 74mm STD size as the 4E is a mighty little engine

Skalabala

Member +
Over bore will increase the CC's and by that the CR
74mm = 1331cc CR 8.2:1+-
74.5mm = 1350cc CR 8.3:1+-
75mm = 1368cc CR 8.4:1+-

4EFTE block is strong so 75mm should not be a problem.

AdamB

Member +
Would like to add that bigger isn't always better. If you run 75mm pistons with a bore size to suit, if something goes wrong the block goes in the bin. Run a piston size at 74 or 74.5mm you can rebore the cylinders again.

GP82

Member +
X2

+ the extra cc you gain from a over size 75mm piston can easily be gained from taking some out of each chamber, it is the stroke of the engine that effectively gives it the chance to take in more mixture and compress it to create more cylinder pressures. With a oversize piston the thickness of the walls will also be reduced. I would say stick to the smallest oversize piston you can go for even consider a 74.25mm piston if your bore is in acceptable condition. Lighter rotating assembly will also mean more response from the motor.

Skalabala

Member +
the extra cc you gain from a over size 75mm piston can easily be gained from taking some out of each chamber, it is the stroke of the engine that effectively gives it the chance to take in more mixture and compress it to create more cylinder pressures.

You lost me a bit on this buddy
And what do you mean by taking some out of each chamber?

GaryGT

Member +
You lost me a bit on this buddy
And what do you mean by taking some out of each chamber?

He means the combustion chamber lad
if this is the approach then make sure its measure and you know what compression ratio ur left with
best way to do this is measure cylinder bore and combustion chamber and calculate ur ratio also include the headgasket ur gonna use!
ders a calculation for this google it ;-)
My advice Dont over complicate ur build mate it will run into huge man hours and maybe expensive in the long run
keep it simple ;-)