what sort of things can knackered engine n gearbox mount bushes effect??

just wondering what sort of things shagged engine and gearbox bushes can effect as in the drive/feel of the car etc having mine replaced with some poly ones monday so hoping for improvements :p

96v

Member +
haha, well put it this way mate......................i had a knackerd gearbox mount and it cost me just over £1100 in 2 new driveshafts!

so if i were you, i would get the old tired mounts changed mate for the sake of it :)

you will notice things vibrate alot more aswell with the new mounts

Last edited:
1100 for driveshafts ?? wtf lol so i take it they can affect driveshafts, ye gettin done tommorow so should be sweet ill find out then

96v

Member +
yeh mate, £570 for the driverside one and £480 for the passenger one :( both brand new from toyota! didnt fancy getting second hand ones plus like i said, i had the money so thought i would treat myself :) lol

Its not wrong to pay for genuine quality parts ;)

The poly mounts will give you increased cabin vibrations and will require you to give it a 'touch' more pedal to pull away in first gear and very low revs.
You will find the power is put down to the wheels a 'touch' better, even more so with decent drivetrain mods. I went for TRD mounts as they are less harsh than their polybush counterparts.

Joz

Its not wrong to pay for genuine quality parts ;)

The poly mounts will give you increased cabin vibrations and will require you to give it a 'touch' more pedal to pull away in first gear and very low revs.
You will find the power is put down to the wheels a 'touch' better, even more so with decent drivetrain mods. I went for TRD mounts as they are less harsh than their polybush counterparts

Joz

ye im having problems in 1st gear pulling of from stand still cant get the power down properly just revs up like its spinning and it ent till i pick up a bit of speed, never used to do it, i assumed itd be the bushes or clutch slip, ill find out tommorow

Last edited: