what tires to go for toyo proxies tr1 or uniroyal rainsports 2

superspat

Member +
currantly got toyo proxies on my v and they 195/45/15, they are all worn due to some seriously screwed tracking and camber and toe out, so trying to de decided what to get next,
ether the some more proxies but a 195/50/15 as can get a set of 4 for £147.96 delivered or a set of 195/50/15 uniroyal rainsports2 in a 195/50/15 at 161 delivered, im a budget but dont want any really cheap budget tyres so its out of the 2 above, heard very good things about the rainsports 2 and have used the proxies and never had massive problems apart from traction in the damp and wet is crap.

Little Miss

Member +
Can't comment on the Uniroyal's but I had Toyo Proxies on my glanza about a year ago and as much as they wore very quickly...they were a lot of fun with the amount of grip I got off them!

superspat

Member +
decided to get the uniroyals, as ended up getting them for under 150 deliverd for 4, just need to get them fitted on monday

weeJohn

Lifer
Try Avon ZV5`s I use them on the Caldina and have them on the back of the Starlet as well. Great in the wet and good in the dry, they have a rim edge protection bead and they are high load tyres so they dont deform as much under high cornering loads.