what to do next

el_man

Fresh Recruit
right so far on my starlet i have a decat pipe, manifold, front mount intercooler, air filter, and a exhaust system, all the handling is sorted such as brakes suspension tyres just need a little more poke my budget is 800quid what would you guys suggest i should do next to get a little more out the engine cheers

Jules-B

Member +
i wouldnt buy a hybrid tbh man..i dont see the results to warrent the money spent

Talk to speedvision, he has td04 kits for around that much

aaronw

Member +
yep,but if you go for a bigger turbo you'd be best to buy an emanage.

unless you have alot of resorces the td04 kit will cost more than 800,a garage will charge alot to fit,and you would need a uprated clutch,fpr,new piping from turbo to intercooler,it just doesnt cost the 600...it all adds up,so unless you can go over budget id stick with the ct9 with a jam ecu and hks actuator

Last edited:
so with them 2 bits the car will be fueling fine and safe to run?

find a jam ecu that is mapped for the ct9 to run safe at 1 bar of boost.

as you already have a mani, decat, fmic etc then you should see good results if you get a jam ecu and turn your boost up to 1 bar via hks actuator..

this set up is where im aiming for:p

Last edited:

aaronw

Member +
find a jam ecu that is mapped for the ct9 to run safe at 1 bar of boost.

nobody knows what any jam ecu is mapped for,let alone one that is mapped for a ct9 for 1 bar with those exact mods,any jam ecu will fuel fine up2 1 bar (to my understanding) which is why you would buy an emanage aswell,

for example,..my jam ecu with td04 on rollers at 0.9 bar had the afr reading of 6.9,...megga rich. the tuner thinks its mapped to run much higher boost,like 1.2-1.4 bar . (needless to say the sump is coming off 2moro to see if theres forged pistons!!)

nobody knows what any jam ecu is mapped for,let alone one that is mapped for a ct9 for 1 bar with those exact mods,any jam ecu will fuel fine up2 1 bar (to my understanding) which is why you would buy an emanage aswell,

for example,..my jam ecu with td04 on rollers at 0.9 bar had the afr reading of 6.9,...megga rich. the tuner thinks its mapped to run much higher boost,like 1.2-1.4 bar . (needless to say the sump is coming off 2moro to see if theres forged pisons!!)

this past while they've appeared on the for sale sections on this forum from people that had run them fine on a ct9 but are now upgrading to td04 or something else..

aaronw

Member +
yeh,there not mapped for them just run fine as they fuel fine up2 1 bar but using mine as an example there not all perfect,i didnt notice it was using so much fuel,untill everyones eyes were nipping like feck at the r/r on saturday,so took the afr reading.

jamesgtturbo

Member +
getting a piggyback ecu might be your best option i.e a dastek unichip or a greddy emanage blue as not only will you extract more power and torque you will have a lot smoother power delivery .

jamesgtturbo

Member +
yea at least then youd know your safe but for me living in ireland i dont think anybody can tune dasteks or emanages unfortunately!

i dont live in ireland , but im sure there is someone who can tune emanages , ask jay or trevor they will confirm this

el_man

Fresh Recruit
ahhh finally some info i been looking around but not much luck you lot are a good help so where can i get this dastek unichip or emanges and are they easy to instal and set up? what kinda of power would i see roughly?

jamesgtturbo

Member +
ahhh finally some info i been looking around but not much luck you lot are a good help so where can i get this dastek unichip or emanges and are they easy to instal and set up? what kinda of power would i see roughly?

were do you live mate ?
in england theres pleanty of places , not so hard to install but near possible to map unless you have the right equipment

el_man

Fresh Recruit
im in the london area can you or someone suggest any places? and a place to buy these bits

jamesgtturbo

Member +
e manage units are sold buy the traders on here or from such places as rhd japan and greenline performance.

datek chips are usually sold by offical dastek dealers and they will often be sold in a package i.e unit , fitted and mapped for around £600 to £700. but if you do see one for sale on ebay or somthing like that make sure its got the turbo module with it .

there will be a peanty of places your way that fit them but im miles away so not too sure on whos good and who to avoid