What to do with Insurance. It's a load of bolox!

Ok my Glanza hasn't been insured this year as I am driving a Golf and the Glanza is parked up.

For the past few weeks I have been doing plenty of work to it in order to get it back out for the summer and I need it to go to the meet this Sunday.

Got the car ready today and phoned Quinn Direct to do a transfer and they refused because the car has no NCT although I booked it a few weeks ago and go a date for September 29th ffs. They wouldn't even do a temporary transfer for a weekend:mad:

Other Irish insurers will give me cover if they know the car is booked in but if I leave Quinn Direct now then I lose my NO claims bonus for this year as my policy is up October.

imo I really don't have many or any options atm in order to drive the bugger for the summer.

Any ideas?

can you not get temp insurance for a few days for the NCT?

Nope. Quinn told me I will have to bring my car on a trailor to the NCT centre.

Funny how they've changed their rules, for years they never ever asked for NCT and would cover you no bother. Now since the regulat or has taken it over their been dickheads!

Arnold

Lifer
I'd personally buy temp cover with another company whilst keeping my Quinn policy running (assuming you can drive without a valid NCT under that policy too) That way your protected and your NCD is still running

Brad_L

Member +
does temp cover.co.uk cover cars in ireland?

It only cost me £46 to insure the corolla for 3days full comp when i picked it up.

Foggy

Member +
Quinn have never asked me for a nct! They can be a shower of assholes when they wanna be. Did you try ringing back because i find its who you talk to?

Quincy

Member +
Nope. Quinn told me I will have to bring my car on a trailor to the NCT centre.

Funny how they've changed their rules, for years they never ever asked for NCT and would cover you no bother. Now since the regulat or has taken it over their been dickheads!

Just say its nct chance your arm just for the weekend!!! worth a try

mossie477

Member +
Try them again Aidan. You might get someone better. The rules seem to vary dependant on who you speak to at that place

Could you not take out another policy with a different company and pay it monthly and then when you are done just cancel that policy and you will still be getting your no claims on the other policy?

Rich

Tomorrow I will call the Insurance Regulator, there are supposed to be quite good with giving advise on things like this on the basis that on my insurance policy it does not state that the car has to be NCT'd.

Could you not take out another policy with a different company and pay it monthly and then when you are done just cancel that policy and you will still be getting your no claims on the other policy?

Rich

It will cost a fortune. That idea did cross my mind and I tried 123.ie and they won't even quote me on the Glanza without my NCB.:(

Tanz

Lifer
if push comes to shove you could always ask a family member or a good friend to transfer there policy over to the car and you can drive it away then....

simonleeds

Member +
i agree with the above call again and hope to get some one else
had lots of no cant do that blah blah argued with them and not a sausage then rang back to talk to some one else and no problem its crazy think some people cant be bothered if that doesn't get you anywhere and they tell you "they" cant do it ask them to put you on to some one who can some times it jump starts a responce when they have to go get the manager to come to the phone.........its absalute bollocks really having to get recovered to go to a mot

SORTED!!

I read through other threads on Boards.ie and found out that if I do it the vehicle change on quinn-directs website then I don't be asked for NCT:rockon:

Some people will say that without NCT your insurance will be void but that is not true - If taken to courts then you will be fine as it doesn't state on the insurance policy that your car must be NCT'd... Anyway it is booked in for the sake of it.

Roll on Sunday:rockon:

Johnny_C

Lifer
SORTED!!

I read through other threads on Boards.ie and found out that if I do it the vehicle change on quinn-directs website then I don't be asked for NCT:rockon:

Some people will say that without NCT your insurance will be void but that is not true - If taken to courts then you will be fine as it doesn't state on the insurance policy that your car must be NCT'd... Anyway it is booked in for the sake of it.

Roll on Sunday:rockon:
good man aidan,stick it to the cunts!:rockon: