What to get next

Matt Glanza

Member +
I'm looking at getting into drifting and hope to get my licence next year but I'm not sure wat car I want?I'm torn between an ae86 and a silvia ps13 wat would you guys have outa the two?

Stulet-GTT

Member +
Both are good car's for the sideway's action, personally i would get a AE86 as i love the look of them an its a little smaller than the silvia...

pig666eon

Member +
I'm looking at getting into drifting and hope to get my licence next year but I'm not sure wat car I want?I'm torn between an ae86 and a silvia ps13 wat would you guys have outa the two?

s13 man hands down

s13f3.jpg

Matt Glanza

Member +
I'm swaying more towards the silvia too and that's the kit I want haha just worried the ae86 will be under powered

sanchez

Member +
Ps13 for me too, although i really do love the ae86.
My mates ps13 turns up on friday, cant wait to see it!

Rory

Lifer
S13 or 14a

Have you drifted before?

If not go with the Nissan, longer wheel base will make it easier to hold instead of the snappy handling of a short wheel base car.

As for body kits, leave them off until you stop hitting things! :p

Also take into considerastion of buying parts when things go wrong(which they will on both cars) how easyit would be to replace.

Matt Glanza

Member +
No I havnt drifted before so I supose ur right with goin with the Nissan.the kit will be taken off at drift days to save them.

durmz

Member +
If uve not got a license yet ide get a banger to smash up and learn in before throwing money on something to go and break it

Matt Glanza

Member +
I've got a driving licence just mean a drift one?I was thinking that but dnt wanna limit my choices cos I've spent a grand say on a banger.

durmz

Member +
I see thats my bad, when you said license i presumed just for driving, didnt know u needed a drift license?? Fair one, same applies though really, learning to drift is gna be new, ide have a banger to destroy and a weapon being built for when i was dk lol

You can just arrive at places like Bishopscourt and drift away after you pay your entry fee. You dont need a drift license.

Although you do need to be a good drifter before you get into something like ProDrift;)

Hazzagray

Member +
I agree with the others, an old beemer or something....weld the diff and you are sorted. Half the guys who drift dont pay for the license...have a look at driftworks.com

forum for drifters.
I wanted an S14a for a while...dont forget to take into account the cost in tyres etc....not a cheap sport

Matt Glanza

Member +
I no u don't need one to do drift days but to compete which is watch wanna do if I'm any good then I think u need a licence.my mates doin one in a few months.I thought that about tires but a tire truck goes to the drift days selling part worns for like £8 a set and my local track does a drift day at least once a month so should get loadsa practice in.mite tryand pick up a cheap s14