What tyres too choose

Matt Glanza

Member +
Right after munching my fronts at the llanodow track day i am in the need for new front tires.I currently have Toyo T1Rs on the front but they have to much tire wall wobble.just wondering whats the best out there atm.Not going for semi slicks as i can afford them yet.been looking at the parada spec 2s the FALKEN ZE912,HANKOOK RS2 which are a track tyre.out of these which would you say or what ones are you using that you would recomend.I need good grippy tires as im running a k26:rockon:

MeisterR

Lifer
I am assuming you are using 195/50/15?

Falken are cheap and cheerful, and Parada Spec2 have great review.
Hankook RS2 is probably the best out of the lot in terms of performance.

If budget is not an issue, I'll go Hankook > Parada > Falken

Gord R

Member +
How many miles have you done on the Toyos?

I wasnt a fan of the RS2's, didnt think they were particually good.

Matt Glanza

Member +
They are all pretty much around the same price.I've had the t1rs for about 2years and done about 5k but the track killed them.what u think of the paradas gee?

MeisterR

Lifer
How many miles have you done on the Toyos?

I wasnt a fan of the RS2's, didnt think they were particually good.

You are the first person to say that the RS2 isn't that good.
Are you comparing them to normal road tyres or other semi slick?

I haven't tired the RS2 myself so some feedback would be good.
Been thinking about it but not sure if I want to go for that or straight to proper semi-slick.

BallıGee

Member +
They are all pretty much around the same price.I've had the t1rs for about 2years and done about 5k but the track killed them.what u think of the paradas gee?

too soon to tell side walls feel thin nice pattern thats it so far plus ive got them on the back so a bit hard to feel at the min

ginor

Member +
I'd get a set of Parada Spec 2's mate if I was you, i've not long put a set on mine and there much better than the other Yokohama's I had on there when I bought the alloys. If you can get them fitted somewhere for pretty cheap then check out Egay, I got mine for £78 for 2 delivered, which isn't bad considering the place that fitted them quoted me £57 each, and there pretty cheap themselves.

I'm the kid with the white quad light that was speaking to you down Llandow lol

weakboy2

Member +
spec two's are ok in the dry, crap in the wet.

i would get t1r's again. any road tyre will spin with 200hp plus tbh dude.

its something you get used to, doing number 11's down the road lol