What tyres?

simon-GT

Fresh Recruit
ive currently got 195/45/r15 all round. the front 1's need changing now, i wanna get the toyo proxes t1-r. the 195/45/r15 are 50 quid and the 195/50/r15 are 35 quid. would the cheaper 1's do? this would mean bigger tyres on the front than back.

Chachito

Member +
ive currently got 195/45/r15 all round. the front 1's need changing now, i wanna get the toyo proxes t1-r. the 195/45/r15 are 50 quid and the 195/50/r15 are 35 quid. would the cheaper 1's do? this would mean bigger tyres on the front than back.

Nah mate if I was you I'll get the same as in the back cause 2 different types of tires will look awfull tho.

:gt-smilie:

Dave.

Member +
yea they're be fine, the 45 value in 195/45/15 is the profile,

so... if you have 45s on the back it might look strange with 50s on the front... I'd mibbe get a full set off 50s if you go for them, if you have 50s on the back then all good, get 50s at front.

Last edited:

Manonamission

Fresh Recruit
valuetyres.co.uk are doing toyo T1-R's 195/45/r15's for £42.50 - with £10 delivery. cheapest around that i could find (5 - 10 sites searched)

simon-GT

Fresh Recruit
i c, i guess that 50 is 5mm higher that 45, means the car would sit higher up, but i went to a tyre place and they said 45 was the ratio of the width n height. bt nvm, i think i will change them all over, would be easier that way.

Chachito

Member +
i c, i guess that 50 is 5mm higher that 45, means the car would sit higher up, but i went to a tyre place and they said 45 was the ratio of the width n height. bt nvm, i think i will change them all over, would be easier that way.

Yeah would be better cause let's say when you change the front ones a few months later the one in the back will start to cry and you will need to get new ones. But if I was you I'll get the 45's cause fifty's looks a bit ugly that's my opinion.

Cheers :gt-smilie:

59bhp

Member +

yeah mate it is the percentage of the width so 195/50/15 has a tyre wall 50 % of the width.

To work it out i think is height of tyre wall over width of the wheel x 100,

Monkfish

Member +
Changing the profile of the front tyres will also affect the speedo. Put the 45's on the front and put the cheaper 50's on the back. :)

turbo-dan

Member +
they arnt gona affect sppedo that much what size wheels are on starlet from factory wouldnt of thought they are 195/45/15 so that is invaluble about affecting speedo ( i could be wrong lol just cant see them being that )

i get all my tyres from endyke tyres and pay 36 a corner for toyo t1 mate on the 45 they are in hull

TurboDave

Member +
You should have your best tyres on the back not the front.

You can easily control understeer but oversteer is a problem with such a short wheel base. I wouldnt skimp for the sake of 30 quid extra get tidy tyres they are the only thing which goes between you and a fence when it gets airy.

195 45 15 = 45% of 195mm = 87.75mm side wall height.

195 50 15 = 50% of 195 mm = 97.50mm side wall height.

Dave