what upgardes for my build

buckets

Member +
Ok guys I'm looking to build my standerd gt starlet up to a very nice spec I've been reading a lot over the last few days seemed this site is were its at to ask .ok were I'm at I've a 95 gt standerd thing is I've been looking for a good body for my build as I want to just take engine and all other parts and replace new .ok looking for some kind of a build that will run me some nice power .can you guys Mybe give me some input please I want to do this build once done one time so no need to upgrade after time I've a couple of Gs to spend so in saying I don't mine paying the guts of say 10 Gs into a nice spec for my car .so ok were do I go from here ?

Last edited:

buckets

Member +
Hopfully with the money I've got to spend not sure on power but something that will deliver nicely when needed but also something that will last .not looking for record breaking figures no interest in that .say something Mybe round 400 ,I think it can be got with money and time I have lucky I'm still employed in these hard times other wise I would not be doing this,also my dad is a mechanic but he's not up on the tunning of Japan tuned cars

bumblebee

Member +
Hopfully with the money I've got to spend not sure on power but something that will deliver nicely when needed but also something that will last .not looking for record breaking figures no interest in that .say something Mybe round 400 ,I think it can be got with money and time I have lucky I'm still employed in these hard times other wise I would not be doing this,also my dad is a mechanic but he's not up on the tunning of Japan tuned cars

Since you're not quite sure on power...what is the car going to be used for?

If its gonna be the car you drive everyday...i say get some handling mods while you continue your research on power.

1. Rear ARB
2. Coilovers or shocks and springs
3. Panhard Rod
4. Replace ALL suspension bushings

A common mod on here done by most people is switching to the TD04 turbo off Imprezas or Evos from dynographs it seems to have a nice delivery of power (not laggy).

Most people get between 220hp-240hp with this conversion. :cool:

Iain@CRD

Lifer
If you send me over a PM buddy i could get a nice Spec List created for you and point you in the right direction. Also i need to know what you want to use the car for i.e

Fast Road
Quarter Mile
Track etc.

Regards,

Iain

John@ECC

Lifer
Walbro Fuel pumps in stock. These flow 255 litre pre hour and are one of the first upgrades any starlet owner should do to replace the tired standard pump.

Price : £99 plus delivery

walbropump.png

Sard Pressure reg 450BHP capable £120 plus delievery

sardfuelregulator.jpg

Engine kit rated @ 400 BHP, upgrade to ARP head bolts and main bolts and will be 500BHP capable.

- Wiseco Pistons (74.5mm with -10cc Dish)
- Scat Conrods
- ACL Bearings
- ARP Headstuds
- Athena Headgasket (1.4)

Price : £1070 + £20 Delivery.

enginekit.png

- Stage 5 Ceramic 4 Pad Sprung Clutch Kit

This cerametallic clutch assembly, available with a double spring, good for ease of gear transition with higher horsepower. This disc complimented by a performance pressure plate provides 300% increase in torque capacity.

The 1420 Series Cerametallic clutch kit includes a performance pressure plate, a four puck high torque sprung disk with Ceramic buttons, all applicable bearings, and the appropriate alignment tool.

Price : £350 plus delivery

stg5clutch.png

Hi guys, were are selling alot of HKS F Con V Pro Gold ECU's and i just wanted to make you aware of what they can offer etc. They will also give you the option of running coil on plug if you are going for big BHP.

Info on the HKS F Con ECU and feature's
http://www.hkseurope.com/electronics/fcon_pro.asp

Adjustable launch control video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnIlhGdIV9M

What we are offering:
HKS F con ECU (2nd hand) £600
HKS F con Map sensor and harness £180
Modify loom and wire F con £384
HKS Universal F con loom £102.12
Nissan Skyline GTR TPS £66.66
Fitting and wiring GTR TPS £72
Motec wheel speed sensor £72
Fit and wire wheel speed sensor £144
ECC Remap, set launch control and nitrous control £450
Relay for NOS control £10
Wire relay for NOS control £48

Total £2128
ECC offer Total £2050 incl vat, fitted, mapped, launch control, NOS control and rolling road figures with the option of 4 switchable maps

Then you could add a HKS Camp 2 real time engine monitoring system which can monitor upto 24 data signals.

http://www.hksusa.com/info/?id=3474

Opertaing video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScnSui6Kj88

Then you can also add the HKS AFK, which can read off 2 lambda probe's if you want, monitor knock and retard the ignition if there is any detected.
http://www.hksusa.com/info/?id=3489

We have done one sofar and have another 3 booked in for this conversion, its a must when running big power and boost and uses Honda Civic Type R coils.

001-12.jpg

Here's a video of it working.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR5Zt42gkf0

HELlogo640x480-1.jpg

East Coast Customs/Hel Performance Ireland offer a Group Buy on HEL brake or clutch lines, for Toyota Starlet's and Glanza's.

All HEL colour options available and anybody wanting custom lines (as long as they arent >1m in length) also do-able within the pricing structure.

BrakeandClutchLines640x480.jpg

buckets

Member +
Some interesting stuff there got some texts on options on going 5e instead of originally my plans being to stay 4e.not to sure of the benefit of 5e ?opinions on these if any .

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Are you from the south of the mainland UK or Ireland?

5E is nice for a daily driver and doesn't cost very much to do, also allows larger turbos to be ran with less lag, all plus sides no disadvantages, people say they dont rev out as much but thats rubbish in my opinoin.

buckets

Member +
I'm from Ireland .I'm on two minds now and from what I've hard 5e engines are hard got .turbo wise was thinking Mybe a 4e would spool a big turbo just aswell as its a fast raving engine I'm I right by saying this ?