What would be faster 320bhp starlet glanza or 550 supra??

JordEP91

Fresh Recruit
Hello as above, what would be faster to 130mph a stalet glanza 320bhp or 550bhp supra?? Obviously the supra will be quicker at top end!!

STARLET N/A

Member +
power to weight is not that different in the case above

its will be about who can get the power down better,

with longer ratio's and rear wheel drive I would say supra should win.

richglanzav

Member +
not many cars on the road would muller a 320bhp starlet in a rolling race like that but i suspect a 550bhp supra is one of them lol

Paul_JJ

Member +
Well Supra would be better on the motorways as the top end is way higher than any starlet, also the car would feel a lot safer on the high speed, not to mention that the Supra has A LOT better brakes and more traction then the Starlet. Also if you have a few mates in the car Supra have more space and the weight wouldn't make any difference at all for the car performance - that would also mean that you can have a massive stereo system in Supra and it won't affect the performance, in fact heavy subwoofer in the boot will improve the traction -))) Another thing that 550 bhp Supra will be a lot more RELIABLE then a 320 bhp Starlet pushed to the limits.....

Are you talking about your going to race a mate ? Or buying one at 550 hp ?

Tbh far to many factory come into play

Driver,tyres,weight,launch,ratios etc etc

azerty

Supermoderator
I'm wondering what you dream at night :p

Supra is rearwheel drive, so will be better from launch. job done

GI BOY

Member +
I'd go with the starlet a mate of mine was neck and neck with a 650bhp siliva on nos and the silvia only pulled in 5th by 3 cars + the starlet was 1 wheel drive 318bhp 4e

AdamB

Member +
Supra easy. 1/4 mile the starlet would prob just neck it. 6 cylinders Vs 4 cylinders, 2 turbochargers Vs 1 turbo, double wishbone suspension Vs Struts and rear beam.
Doesn't add up well lol.

people use the single turbo setup for more power im sure, it would obviously be more laggy as the TT setup is designed to minimize this but i think single make a huge difference when it actually hits full boost depending on power, could be wrong though

AdamB

Member +
people use the single turbo setup for more power im sure, it would obviously be more laggy as the TT setup is designed to minimize this but i think single make a huge difference when it actually hits full boost depending on power, could be wrong though

Singles don't necesarily make more power, it just changes the power delivery. Power delivery on a track car is everything. Power delivery on a drag car is all in one great lump.

I've been in a 700bhp single turbo RB26, and that was scary just simply because it was a complete neck breaker at above 3000rpm lol.

Anyways, Supra would kill it no matter what, even with half a turbo at 550bhp lol.

steve-gers

Member +
There is a guy near me that used to have a 325bhp starlet and he had a shot against his mate that has a 500bhp supra and apparently they were pretty evenly matched on a short run, only over 100 the supra started pulling away.