What would you do?

wee-jo

Member +
Right guys, got a question for all of you. I'm considering selling my car because it turns out I don't have a 1 year ncb as I previously believed because my previous insurance company told me that even though I was involved in an accident a while back I wasn't at fault so it won't affect my ncb.

However turns out that this is untrue so I'm bracing myself for an expensive policy from adrian flux. It seems that I've had to shell out a lot of money on the car already, not even on stuff that I want (new tyres + clutch cause the scum that I bought the car never told me I needed these till police informed me of my bald tyres and my clutch went) so I'm really wondering whether I she keep hold of the car.

In the same respect if I was to sell it I dunno if I would get decent money back as the car market is pretty slow atm. So the money issue is really getting to me and ontop of that with 0 years ncb I can see it becoming even more expensive.

So, do you reckon I should bare it out and pay the ridiculously expensive insurance that I reckon I'll have to pay or sell the car and wait till I've got an actual ncb and then buy one again??

What to do!!!!!!

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
why dont u just shop elsewhere for insurance?

ps moved to legal forum...

kon

wee-jo

Member +
I'm contemplating it, but I don't want to keep paying well expensive prices, I want to have a social life to!! plus I'm a student so its hard enough payin for all the stuff without plunging further in to debt!

wee-jo

Member +
why dont u just shop elsewhere for insurance?

ps moved to legal forum...

kon

Cause adrian flux and quinn direct are the only ones that I've found that will quote on a glanza, its a piece of piss gettin insured on a ep82 though ggrrrr!!!!

Dave.

Member +
I'd probably try and pay up. You'd be gutted to sell a car after spending money like that on it...

Dave

wee-jo

Member +
hmm, I do love the car, but the price is ridiculous, back in february I got quoted 2k!! then when I said I was now 20 with 1ncb, it fell to 1400, hmmm got to way up the pros and cons I guess.

Dave.

Member +
Yea, it'd gut me too mate. Is this the white Glanza I read about on UKSC?

Its a horrible position, but at least now you know exactly what you own, and that its a good base to start modifying from :)

Dave

wee-jo

Member +
Nah mate, mines is black, stay in edinburgh, sometimes I wish I had bought a ep82, there so cheap to insure in comparison.

Adam_Glanza

Member +
your worried about paying 1400 for insurance??

jeez ive had to pay that for nearly every car ive owned lol

try sky insurance they might be able to get it a bit cheaper thats who im with.

stedee

Member +
sky seem good theyve quoted me cheaper than flux, flux said they would guarantee to beat any price, then i told them how much and they went ,oh, can you prove it, so i`m going with sky

muthaducka

Member +
If you really want to keep the car, find a way to make it happen.
Get insured third party just for 1 year.

When I had seen the first starlet that I wanted to buy I was determined to have it. I couldn't get a good insurance quote so I spent about 2 days solid, probably 50-100 calls in totat phoning all insurance companies in the yellow pages, back of jap peformance and banzai. The best I found was bell direct for about £900 and settled on that.

wee-jo

Member +
sky seem good theyve quoted me cheaper than flux, flux said they would guarantee to beat any price, then i told them how much and they went ,oh, can you prove it, so i`m going with sky

Sky will only insure me if I have two years driving experience, i have 21 months!! Thats who I went with first but I doubt I'll go with them again as they are still dragging on with refunding my deposit almost 3 months after I cancelled the policy.