Member +
as above

running a td04 at the moment is worth swapping over
what are they like,power,lag
when does it make full boost

cheers

AdamB

Member +
I believe it uses the same exhaust housing as the largest VF turbo, the VF22 which is the P20 housing. With the use of a VF24 compressor side.

I would expect it to be a bit laggier than the td04, infact probably quite a bit laggier. Should make around the 300hp mark though.

AdamB

Member +
I think it would be wasted at only a bar, and you'll need to push it a little further to feel any real benefit.

Like you say, there's only one way to find out to see if you like it or not and that's to try it. If you can get it for a good price or have one sitting around then why not.

StarletNutter

Member +
was looking at vf30 aswell

iv only standard internals for now don't want to push it with boost,1 bar will the most il go

AdamB

Member +
What engine management system you using? Sounds daft but the larger the turbo essentially the more boost you can run because its more efficient (up to a point anyway).

The VF30 isn't a bad choice, but I think the VF24 would be a better option which is much more like a td04 but more efficient and ball bearing.

StarletNutter

Member +
I have a vf24 here but needs a rebuild I heard that they can't be rebuilt maybe I'm wrong doe

I'm only using a neo to trim fuel with a fpr,fcd

till I get funds for a ultimate or something

AdamB

Member +
Ah, I'm not sure if they can be rebuilt or not tbh that would be something to ask someone like Owen Developments, TurboDynamics etc.

In that case I wouldn't risk going over 1 bar :)

AdamB

Member +
I remember someone running a VF8 before, don't know much info on them though seem to be quite rare.

Ted

Member +
It has a p18 exhaust housing, can't be rebuilt, only comes alive at 1.2 bar, dies horribly at 1.5. Great while they last. Vf35 only slightly laggier but tough too.

GP82

Member +
X2, the VF28 has a P18 exhaust housing. Boost threshold is at 3000rpm on a 4E with full boost at approx. 4400rpm and it really starts to dance after 5000rpm when the wheel speeds increase. Good drive and great fun, possible to make 300 + with good tuning.

Phil

Super Moderator
I remember someone running a VF8 before, don't know much info on them though seem to be quite rare.

Ive got two of them

ones been inspected by an engineer and good condition.

the other one is still in its packaging!

Glanzanut ran one he described it as nuts, and Hybrid swore they were a great turbo on a 4e from his experience (road and drag id guess)

bit laggier than a td04 but reasonable range and good thump when she gets up and boosting

Phil

i admit - this is an unadulterated sales pitch.

:) : ) :)

Last edited:

ramses974

Member +
if you want more , just take a billet wheel for your td04 and you will be in a different world . Vf28 is laggy for me in my 5e , i experienced some bigger garrett and they appear better than the vf28 turbocharger .
Take a billet wheel on your td04 and you will see it spooling very very quick with a litlle raise for power due to more air (created by the benefit of more surface of the billet wheel)