Whats envolved in a 4efte transplant into a yaris?

sanchez

Member +
That would be awesome mate, i think the yaris can look quite good with the right styling!
There was one in Banzai about 8 months ago now, think it had a forged tmd block in it.

ryan-11

Member +
im sure i read somewhere that the 4e engine drops right in on the very first yaris's that came out, not sure if its true or not tho

glanzanut

Lifer
That would be awesome mate, i think the yaris can look quite good with the right styling!
There was one in Banzai about 8 months ago now, think it had a forged tmd block in it.

my thoughts exactly, imagine over 200bhp in something as stunning as this
2126906-1.jpg

glanzanut

Lifer
Yeh agree mate, that does look pretty good, be nice to have a newer car too.
Needs to be beefy though lol so it dosent look like a hairdressers car!!

Had enough of the V now then mate? Or this another project on the side?

Check this
http://toyotacars.kamikaze-drive.com/sold_vitz.htm
Hmm nah I luv the glanza, it's just I keep feeling after nearly 4 years of owning it, that I should try something else.
Plus I luv a project!
And everytime I look at at another car it doesn't meet the mark.
So like you say a yaris would be nice and new, but with the good old 4efte powering it.
Do you think it would be best to sell the glanza and just buy bits needed or use it as a doner?

churcherj

Member +
Yeh agree mate, that does look pretty good, be nice to have a newer car too.
Needs to be beefy though lol so it dosent look like a hairdressers car!!

Had enough of the V now then mate? Or this another project on the side?

Check this
http://toyotacars.kamikaze-drive.com/sold_vitz.htm

i rekon that yellow yaris looks quite hilarious tbh, wouldnt be seen dead init personally....

i posted up a turbo yaris for sale on pistonheads a while back, did look pretty cool, i think it would be an awesome project!

Ben89

Lifer
He doesnt post on here very much now but

nexia is the man you need to speak to, hes from malta.

he ran a 4e yaris was a quick lil fucker, ct9 on not crazy boost seen him 13s on quarter.

perhaps kon could get in contact with him for you as like said doesnt post much nowadays

I'm sure that was an aygo he had?
With any transplant you have to decide how your going to wire it up ir us the starlet fusebox interior loom engine loom or just use the glanza engine loom and patch it with the yaris loom and fuse box, the easiest part is usually putting the engine in!! Iv been helping a mate do a 1jz conversion on his 200sx recently and the wiring side of things is very involved!! Sounds an awesome project mate would love to do something like this, have been considering a 4e mini recently!!

you know something your right im going to need a medic to pull this one out.

for some bizzare reason i had yaris in my head havnt clue why but its defo an aygo...

weeJohn

Lifer
Will the Yaris/Aygo gearbox mate up with the e series engines? If not I think you might struggle as those cars use a 3 cylinder engine, which will not be as wide as the e series, so the box may be to wide to mate to the 4 cylinder e.

If its a plan to do an engine transplant in one of them, rear mount a 3SGTE into it, do a proper job!!

scot-ish

Member +
have you been in a yaris ian? i dont know if you would fit.

personally, i dont think the conversion would be that hard, anything can be dropped in, long as it fits, just might need to have shafts/hubs custom made, but if what jonny said is right, then its guna be quite straighforward.

pockrockgtti

Member +
There is an easier way of putting a turbo engine into a yaris. Im suprised no ones even metioned it before. Buy youreself a yaris with the daihatsu designed 2SZ-FE Then go and get a Daihatsu YRV Turbo from a breakers yard:http://wjfurber.blue-sock.com/pages/page_9.php?value1=DAIHATSU&value2=YRV&value3=salvage&value4=make&value5=0&page_type=&mode=detail&ID=65427 fit the engine in the yaris using all the 2szfe mounts and drivetrain. Should slot right in. The k3-vet that comes in a YRV Turbo is essentially a 2szfe with a turbo strapped on giving 130bhp from the factory!