Whats my compression?

steveep82

Member +
Ive taken 3 thousands of an inch off my head and block faces and i have 74.5mm weisco pistons with a 10cc dish installed and run a 1.2mm headgasket, can someone work out what compression im running please, and also the new capacity of the engine? Thanks!

your new engine capacity appears to be 1350cc
here's the formula [22/7*(3.725^2)*7.74*4] OR (22/7*3.725*3.725*7.74*4)

i'm getting out your compression to be approximately 7.5 with estimated cylinder pressures of between 130-145 psi per cylinder

PS---this is based on my own calculations....and may be not be 100% accurate---as u have to estimate somethings/rounding

maybe some1 with a program can do it for u........but my calculations are usually pretty close based on what i've seen before

Last edited:

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
Haha. If there was a program it would be very useful. Is there one?

speak to slostar on austarletclub hes got the program ;)

ps, @ gorganl.. see all those hours in the office do pay off man lol :D awesome calculation dude!! :rockon:

kon

yeah.....just got to love the office work.....lol

i created something of an excel spread sheet that calculates compression for 4e/5e based on the user's specs......i must say.....it does tend to be VERY close if not 100% accurate.....this calculator took me less than and hour to get all the formulas in.......BUT it was finding certain information on the 4e/5e that took a long time

so if any of u guys doing a build and want to find out your CR....u can drop me a line....and i'll see what i can do--that's if u cant find slostar, as pointed out by hybrid