Whats the best manifold?????

kielgt

Member +
I've heard its best to put a standard manifold on and bore it out?? I've had loads of trouble with aftermarket manifolds, 2 have craked.....any ideas??

Nippon

Member +
Loads of aftermarket manifolds out there fella.
Some are better quality than others.

Mild steel manis are less prone to cracking due to heat than stainless steel ones.
Although if yours have cracked due to movement of the mani/turbo/downpipe then it maybe worth getting a braced mani and downpipe to reduce this.
A competent welder would be able to knock up a brace for your existing downpipe.
If you need a new mani anyway then get a braced one.

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
mild steel braced mani, from zisco job done mate.
it needs to be braced as weight of turbo along with heat cracks the stainless mani..
cheap ones off ebay always crack...

but then u get what u pay for

my advice have a look at traders on here, and u wont go far wrong.

bumblebee

Member +
IMO its got to be road runner
quality is amazing strong like fook

very very rare too!

best bet is getting one from a trader on here..the problem is deciding which one but they are all good qaulity so you still cant go wrong

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
WEPR all the way! I can only comment on the TD04/05 style mani but I have lost count how many times I've made my mild steel mani glow and its not faultered once.

It's had near 2bar of boost with nitrous, it's had heavy launch control and Anti Lag and it's going strong. Yes Mild steel rusts some but its a good all rounder.

Even if I break my WEPR mani, I'll be buying the same one again, the stress I put the exhaust mani under, I feel no other brand could take.

420+hp and pushing!

wesgt

Lifer
WEPR all the way! I can only comment on the TD04/05 style mani but I have lost count how many times I've made my mild steel mani glow and its not faultered once.

It's had near 2bar of boost with nitrous, it's had heavy launch control and Anti Lag and it's going strong. Yes Mild steel rusts some but its a good all rounder.

Even if I break my WEPR mani, I'll be buying the same one again, the stress I put the exhaust mani under, I feel no other brand could take.

420+hp and pushing!

can't argue with that!!