What's the most power you can get out of a 2E-TELU?

ja2E

Fresh Recruit

Hi guys, I'm new here and I have a question. What's the most power that I can get out of my 2E-TELU? Is 160hp-170hp possible? I use the car for street/daily driver. So I want to keep it a comfortable car to drive. Nothing too wild not to mild either... even just a ballpark figure will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance to the people who will give their inputs! :)

59bhp

Member +
to be honest mate there is very little info on tuning your engine, best people to ask would be a couple of seasoned drag nuts from malta who frequent these forums.

Who knows you might be heading into unchartered waters which is always fun

ja2E

Fresh Recruit
@ 59bhp: thanks for the input!

@ Craig: I'm planning on using a carburetted 2E bottom end and reciprocating assembly, so the compression ratio will be higher than the 2E-TELU, I was thinking of porting the turbo, raising boost to 1 bar consistent from the standard 0.7 bar (this is at high boost) plus 2.25 inch diameter exhaust pipings with a chambered muffler and an open type air intake. Do you think at least 160hp is attainable with these modifications? Thanks in advance again guys!:)

Craig

Lifer
With the supporting mods (fueling/uprated intercooler etc), I would say yes. However I have no experience with these engines, so would be unable to guarantee. I am merely guessing.

ja2E

Fresh Recruit
The fuel upgrades will be addressed, either via injectors or fuel pump. The intercooler, I'm planning to move up front. And if I do find one, maybe I'll add an adjustable camgear if there even is one for the 2E...

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
im sure there was an ep71 power up kit by hks which took it to around 170~180bhp..

its been a while since iv seen one though.. trd & iirc toms used to make an uprated ecu for that engine...

ja2E

Fresh Recruit
Hey, its great you brought that up Hybrid...I had that question on my mind also. Was wondering if I'd have to use a piggy back or a standalone ECU if I get these modifications done on the engine. Especially with porting the turbo. Hope not since I'm on a limited budget...