whats the pipe onto of rocker cover?

i dont like the look of that lol, is there any alternative?

there great items buddy
i use one and there good,just keep replacing them every so often and ul b fine

make sure its tight
and use the correct size
type it in ebay(oil breather filter)think its 9mm

comprende:freddy:

starletgt.neal

The Brightest BULB
you aint got the breather on top mate wheres urs going off 2?

ok i havnt looked at the pictures but ime guessing here lol! that its going to a oil catch can as thats the alternative which ir ran from the oil breather pipe to the pipe around the inlet manifold mate..so thats the other option sold on all traders shops on here or you can get a universal one of ebay with the correct piping

neal

shane01

Member +
ok i havnt looked at the pictures but ime guessing here lol! that its going to a oil catch can as thats the alternative which ir ran from the oil breather pipe to the pipe around the inlet manifold mate..so thats the other option sold on all traders shops on here or you can get a universal one of ebay with the correct piping

neal

dont want to sound stupid how does it work?

shane01

Member +
basically you can have a breather, but sometime you may have some oil from the engine being released up the pipe- takes a while. A catch can normally has a breather too but it also has a 'can' which stores the oil that has been released from the engine- it basically ensures a tidy place for the oil to go- either will be adequate though

i looked up some stuff, mostly with imprezas, says it stops alot of crap being taking threw the intercooler pipes, and i would need a pipe that release gases? where would u have that 2 lol,

malcolmgt

Member +
Sorry to sound even more stupid, but where does the other pipe go to then.
one goes onto the top of the rocker cover but the other?

poke

Member +
you run both of them to the oil catch can,the one from the rocker cover and the other one from the intake or if your just coming from the top of the rocker cover the catch can will have to openings stick a filter on one and run a pipe to the other

malcolmgt

Member +
you run both of them to the oil catch can,the one from the rocker cover and the other one from the intake or if your just coming from the top of the rocker cover the catch can will have to openings stick a filter on one and run a pipe to the other

Right so one the lead/pipe goes onto the bit on the rocker cover where the oil filter normally goes.

but on the pic below given by who im buying from it shows two nipples. on connects to the pipe the other is free... wont oil just leak out.

http://www.monstermotorsport.com/trolleyed/99/index.htm#GLANZACATCHTANK

also what is the benefit of them?

poke

Member +
you could stick a small filter on that as a breather,there isnt that much oil goes into them anyway mate, theres no real benifit off them they look nice and there tidyer than just sticking a small filter on the top of the rocker cover may help abit better with the breathing of the engine:)