whats the score with relocating the filter?

rosshana

Member +
im going to move the filter to the front bumper, and im fitting a oil catch tank, so thats breather sorted but what do i do with the vacum pipe that goes from the efi pipe to the boost control thing? i have a hks actuator so i dont use the boost button in the car. any help appreciated.

monka

Member +
well if ya dont use the boost button in the car, may as well take the pipe off, and the boost solinoid with it

enright82

Member +
the pipe on to the efi pipe is a bleed off for the boost solenoid, u can front mount ur filter and still have high and low boost, its blowwin air, not sucking :)

thomllee1981

Member +
i have high/low boost on mine with a front bumper air intake!
i tapped into the silicone pipe and used a sealed fitting then used upsizing silicone pipe and connectors to plumb this pipe back in!

see pics below for an idea
DSC00856.jpg

DSC00860.jpg

Gilly2006

Member +
i just left mine when i relocated my HKS to the front bumper, didn't do anything, only thing was mine was at boost to 0.5 bar insted of 0.65. but my actuator was knackerd.

thomllee1981

Member +
^^ I like that idea.... :)

cheers stuart!

was only done as the R2D2 was making a funny noise when first fitted couldnt work out why so plumbed the pipe in didnt make no difference to the noise as that was the pipe on the R2D2 being to long and getting a fold init making it not work properly! lol

it will be at japfest if anyone wants to see it up close for a better look!