Wheel spin...

Martingt

Fresh Recruit
Am getting soo frustrated with my starlet.... She goes like a rocket, handles well, no fussy issues what so ever!! BUT.... am getting soo fed up with wheel spin, If boot her in first and second i can control the throttle enought that she doesnt spin up, However at around 5000rpm in third under full throttle ON A DRY ROAD she suddenly breaks grip ??, Its mental lol, So to sell her on or get an LSD ????????

Martingt

Fresh Recruit
LSD would a brill idea but how much??, I have a hybred turbo with manifold, running i believe around 180 - 195 ish bhp, 15" enkie alloys with a brand new set of Yoko Prada2's, Tien coil overs set to soft as hard is brutal!! upper and lower strut braces, quite a well sorted car to be honest :) but am thinking about letting her go as Front wheel drive seems pointless with this much go lol

whiteglanzav

Member +
to be honest mate with 180 - 200 bhp you should be able to controll it enough by balancing the throttle in the same way as you do in 1st and second.

it is pretty nuts though i used to have 210 bhp with a diff and that was bad enough -

also try fitting an anti lift kit but a diff will make the most diffrence and will probs cost you £600 in total to buy one and get it fitted

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
LSD will control 200bhp without too much issue with decent tyres and suspension setup :)

Cheers

Mike Jones
Tuning Developments Ltd

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
180-195hp and spinning in 3rd gear on a dry surface?? Sounds weird to me.

Daft question maybe but are you sure your clutch is ok?

What tyres are on the front and what size rims?

animal gt

Member +
LOL i set a time of 13.5 with no diff,power was around 260-270bhp,so if your haven trouble of 180bhp you may give up now dude.

billybob

Untrusted Seller
more like your clutch slipping lad cant see any car running that power lighten the wheels up in 3rd unless your on ice lol

With that power you shouldnt be breaking traction. I used to have a td05 at 1.5 bar and all though 3rd it would never break traction.

Try a clutch slip test...30mph 5th gear put foot down

Martingt

Fresh Recruit
Hi chaps, thanks for your comments, Pretty sure its wheel spin as you can feel it, Also for some reason my boost goes upto 10psi as normal but then at 4800 rpm jumps to 15psi ? The clutch is an uprated one and has only done around 1500 miles, I can control the car and make it not wheel spin but i have a scooby running 400 and they are just point and squirt, EASY compared to the starlet lol, no faffin around trying to get the throttle balanced between spin and no spin lol, The suspension has been set up by Super tracker in southampton and am running 15" yoko's Prada2 which have only done around 250 miles...

AdamB

Member +
That's boost creep what you've described. I'd try and stop it as it will cause engine problems.
A scooby will be easy, there 4 wheel drive lol.

glanza123

Member +
mine is the exact same with a hybrid but just 1st and 2nd its annoying when you take off with a civic
or something they pull 2nd and gone and im still spinning have to catch them then in 3rd and 4th...

i had my gt out over the weekend and it lit the boots in 4rth in the dry with michelin pilots & a cusco lsd but it did peak 1.96 bar ! :drive:

Martingt

Fresh Recruit
Wicked :) 1.96!! holy cow yours must be an animal lol, How do i stop the boost creep? i have a HKS actuator and a speed vision hybred turbo & matching manifold, re located air filter to the front of the rad, ALL hoses are silcon even the little vac hoses, FMIC, etc... lol