when fitting actuator

GT_Irl

Member +
Any way of fitting actuator without removing fmic hard pipe? (im quite lazy and lacking in socket wrenchs lol!)

GTWorld

Member +
Don't be lazy do it propley!! you would hate for somethink to go wrong due to lack of space!!

whiteglanzav

Member +
yes its easy - i think its a 12mm that you need, just undo the 2 bolts on the turbo - actuater bracket - and the part that attaches to the wastegate and replace with wot ever i assume hks !

GT_Irl

Member +
Don't be lazy do it propley!! you would hate for somethink to go wrong due to lack of space!!

haha..i know! Dont worry I am going to do it properly, just wondered if it was possible to do without removing h/p as mine is lock nutted on:eek:

yes its easy - i think its a 12mm that you need, just undo the 2 bolts on the turbo - actuater bracket - and the part that attaches to the wastegate and replace with wot ever i assume hks !

So it can be done without touching the hardpipe??:)

whiteglanzav

Member +
haha..i know! Dont worry I am going to do it properly, just wondered if it was possible to do without removing h/p as mine is lock nutted on:eek:

So it can be done without touching the hardpipe??:)

yer its not really any where near the actuater

GT_Irl

Member +
yer its not really any where near the actuater

ya but in afew guides ive seen they reccommend taking off the hard pipe, i just preseumed that it was neccessay! Tnx for the input lads:) rep'd! And of course ill let her cool down..im fitting it in my uncles garage so while im waiting might take the rx7 for a spin again!:)

GT_Irl

Member +
bumping this up! How did people get at the bolts bolting actuator too turbo?!! All ive got is cut hands from trying lol!

GT_Irl

Member +
you can get them from underneath but if i can remeber right if you still have aircon its quite tight

aircons gone, ya was thinking they looked pretty accessible from below. I might have access too a ramp tomorrow so might leave it off till then. Tnx mate

morpheus

Member +
hahhaa
its a nightmare to do this without removing the rad...i cut my hand everywhere with
the rad fin...:)
u have to get a 90 degrees 12 mm to facilitate the job....

GT_Irl

Member +
BUMP!! Who has fiitted a hks actuator recently...how the hell do you get the bolts bolting the standard actuator to turbo off?????????? Can someone give me a simple straight answer???? I cant even get at the feckin things, and they're jammed solid..wd40 = fail:mad: Arrrrgggg!!!!!!!

starletsam

Member +
unless they are heavily rusted in which case they may snap it might be worth using a torque wrench for extra leverage!when i did my actuator bolts came off fine but i did it from below.from above was ridiculous then i got underneath and done it in minutes

GT_Irl

Member +
unless they are heavily rusted in which case they may snap it might be worth using a torque wrench for extra leverage!when i did my actuator bolts came off fine but i did it from below.from above was ridiculous then i got underneath and done it in minutes

cool, im gonna give it one last try tomorrow.

Take the rad out.

How long would that take and is there much involved too it?

Beaker

Member +
5 mins, 2 bolts and the clips holding the pipes on. Easy peasy and gives you quite alot more room.