When fitting coilovers? assistance needed please

danb87

South East England Area Rep
hi there peeps,

will be fitting coilover next weekend, but i need too know is there any other suspension bits i need too fit them.?

i have an adjustable panard rod, which i know is a must. but im curious on the things like anti lift - caster kit, drop links etc

will be buyin both fron an rear anti roll bars , an what else is needed but i just wanna know for sure if the panard is all i need too fit the coilovers?

rep waiting :beer:

td04 project:)

Member +
Ive just fitted my miester-r coilovers and i dont have anything you mentioned, i think its just down to how much you want to fit, nothing is a must bud.

Rory

Lifer
As above a panhard rod is a must when lowering the EP.
As for everything else, they can be added when you want.

@ Mathew - Im sure one can be fitted, but im sure they need modified, to be shorter? Mabey try and get a hold of Gaz, im sure he had one fitted?

spartacus

Member +
yeah all you need is an adjustable panhard rod to re align the rear axle because the lower you go the more the standard panhard rod would push the axle out of alignment.

weeJohn

Lifer
will a panrod fit on a ep85?

An EP82 or EP91 rod wont fit an EP85, but I have seen EP85 specific ones on the auctions before.

As Rory said, one could be easily modified. All you have to do is cut the nut off the end that the threaded bit screws into, fit the 2 ends of the rod to the car and mark where the nut would best be on the rod for it to fit properly. Then cut the rod and weld the nut back on.

If you cant weld yourself someone who can would do this job for you for buttons.

danb87

thanks for all the replies, just wanted too make sure i had everything i need for fitting. will be addin other bits very soon aswell tho, but need too get the coilovers on.

thanks

matt walters

Member +
i bought a panhard rod for mine, but ive had the car aligned and it was all perfect. and its low all round (even lower as of yesterday) the rear axel is still aligned with the front. so i never bothered putting it on.

weeJohn

Lifer
I have had 2 different set ups on 15 and 16 inch wheels and have not had any bother with scrubbing at the rear arches. They were both pretty low as well, I know some people need one after lowering their car but as I have seen it.

danb87

whats people recomendations on the ride height? propper deck it? ive got new 15" rotas too go on aswell. any rough ideas?

KrissyB

Member +
Like Matt I didn't have an Adjustable panhard rod and mine was re-aligned fine, the way the Meisters out of the box no adjusting gives you a ride height like so.

Dan I explained all this to you yesterday dude, you must have forgotten lol x

DSC03837.jpg

DSC03834.jpg

DSC03836.jpg

danb87

sorry krissy lol all the chemicals from work have been gettin me slightly high lol, you rekon all the meisters will be same height out the box? lol

an i want a blue strap like yours lol

KrissyB

Member +
I gave them TRS straps to Abbotts Little brother, go on ebay they are like 20quid delivered for front and rear chap.

Looking at these Pic's makes me want another lol.

danb87

I gave them TRS straps to Abbotts Little brother, go on ebay they are like 20quid delivered for front and rear chap.

Looking at these Pic's makes me want another lol.

i cant wait too have it all fitted mate. lol all being well shud all be done this wcomin weekend lol. you got a link for the straps matey? shame you didn have the p1 with ya yday dude i wud like too have seen it.

KrissyB

Member +
Im sure you will gt it srted chap, the p1 is all stripped dwn ready for some ocd as of nxt weekend but she will be out soon.

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
thanks to krissy, i have most of his handling bits.lol, saved me cash and time, and did feckin awesome round brands last wk.
all i need is tracking my re-aligned, oher then that can agree with him meister's are fine when lowering,
but as when lowering any car, tracking will need looking at.

danb87

Im sure you will gt it srted chap, the p1 is all stripped dwn ready for some ocd as of nxt weekend but she will be out soon.

thanks to krissy, i have most of his handling bits.lol, saved me cash and time, and did feckin awesome round brands last wk.
all i need is tracking my re-aligned, oher then that can agree with him meister's are fine when lowering,
but as when lowering any car, tracking will need looking at.

yea when ive got them nuts i can give the wheels a test , an them my mates fitting me coilys for me saturday.

@jayc - yea ive got someone too do the tracking etc as got make sure its all good before a test drive lol