Where do the pipes from the hi/lo boost solenoid go?

stew

Member +
i'm in the process of re-fitting a solenoid but i haven't touched one from day, i know one of the vacuum nipples goes to the actuator but if you asked me which one it waas i wouldn't know. so where does each (top and bottom) vacuum pipe go to? cheerss.

glanzanut

Lifer
yeah but if you look at the pic then all you need do is swap the connections back from whats shown in the pic

stew

Member +
its for my ep82 which has none of those original 'pipe guides' on the side of the engine, if you know where the vacuum pipes end up going from the solenoid that would be a great help.

SupaStu

Member +
Look for a stock picture of an EP82 engine should show you. I turned my hilo back on last week with the bad weather on my V.

it starts at the EFI pipe, there is a nipple here that the vacuum is exhausted into the air intake, from here it goes into the solenoid, doesnt matter which nipple as it either closes or opens, then the other side of the solenoid goes to one of the nipples on the actuator, then the other nipple on the actuator goes to a boost source on the turbo.

ep82_advance

Member +
it starts at the EFI pipe, there is a nipple here that the vacuum is exhausted into the air intake, from here it goes into the solenoid, doesnt matter which nipple as it either closes or opens, then the other side of the solenoid goes to one of the nipples on the actuator, then the other nipple on the actuator goes to a boost source on the turbo.

nope mate it only goes in one way as if you get them pipes mixed up the car cuts out badly on boost and it jerks like your hitting fuel cut....
if you still couldnt work your way round it pm me and il explain