Where Have All the Starlets Gone :S

Si_Glanza

Member +
Ive Owned GTs/Glanza's for the last 8 Years and im hopfully just getting round to building the GT shell ive had sat round for the last 2 years.
After Looking on Ebay/Piston Heads etc theres only a hand full of Starlets for sale and theres not even many driving about.
Have i Missed Somthing? all i can put it down to is running cost.

faisalgtturbo

Member +
haha lol'd at the above comments

i still got mine si i will be round to in donny soon

and i kinda they getting rare again it feels good ...

faisal

Marcmoss

Fresh Recruit
My tom's mk1 gt lives in my garage till weekends japfest or jae then she gets polished and abused to death lol
I hate seeing them get broken it's such a shame

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
as said above, people breaking them because there isnt the same money lying about to be throwing thousands of pounds towards such an old car. Any one I tell that I bought a 1991 car for over £3000 tell me I need my head looked at that. Thats untill you take them for a spin ;)

D3N0

Member +
as said above, people breaking them because there isnt the same money lying about to be throwing thousands of pounds towards such an old car. Any one I tell that I bought a 1991 car for over £3000 tell me I need my head looked at that. Thats untill you take them for a spin ;)

Thats the spirit...

Everyday i get reminded why ill never buy most new cars, its just not the same, not fun at all.... just plan boring. Have you felt the delay on these throttle cable less pedals lately... its shocking, you feel like joining it and falling a sleep. I could be as tired as snail after conquering mount everest, then jump in the glanza and be wide awake.

its shocking whats happening, there wont be much about in acouple years. all it will take is for them to bring back scrapage bollocks for longer and all oldies will be gone.

Last edited:

malcolmgt

Member +
Couldnt agree more ith D3NO, new cars are just boring and manufactuars are making cars more sensible each day.
You get so much more car for your money with older cars and so much more enjoyment.

Nothing beats the GT for putting a smile on my face.

GP82

Member +
Fellow Starleteer i'm itching to get my EP back on road, itching soo bad it's developed into a bad rash. It's been off the road a whole year now, currently getting engine rebuilt. The Ep is my stress reliever, my tonic, i need it real bad, can't wait. :drive:

I remember watching 1/4 mile vid long time ago of your whistling Glanza Si_Glanza, t'was quick!

Last edited:

AdamB

Member +
A good GT is very hard to find at the moment, there is loads of glanza's for sale though.
As said, can't beat the price you pay for one of these monsters and the enjoyment and pleasure is far better than any new car I've driven.

D3N0

Member +
A good GT is very hard to find at the moment, there is loads of glanza's for sale though.
As said, can't beat the price you pay for one of these monsters and the enjoyment and pleasure is far better than any new car I've driven.

Tell me about it, im still looking out for a half decent unabused mrk 1 GT. hopefully ill find one before the year ends and preferable a two-tone version. Glanza are goin far to cheep these days, im dead sure there the sh!t ones though.... guarenteed. My mate has own several starlets turbos EP82 & EP91, so the other day i gave in to his continuing "request for a drive", to which in his mind cemented how quality my glanza is due to how i go about servicing and replacing bits on it.

want a turbo kit ? lol

Nope, got a new td05 WEPR mani & downpipe combo the other day.... Really ace kit that ram horn kit. Got mine in SS, including SS flanges as a request and it had to be ext with pipes plummed back into the downpipe.