Where to get full gearbox rebuild - reccomendations

c3dpo

Member +
Need somewhere within 30miles of cmabridge.

Tried fen sport closed todat and tried A1 gear box, I have the box out the car, just want to get it in soon as possible for them

Rep added for any suggestions

cheers

And no: I'm not buying S/H this supposed 46k one I just bought is worse than my last :( also, whats max cost as need to work out if worth doing or stripping and moving on.

ollie ryan

Member +
i posted my to gary at GBR motorsport in scotland and his service is top quality and dirt cheao compared to everywhere else

even with postage i saved a nice amount over other companies

c3dpo

Member +
Cheers guys, A1 got back to me and can have it fully rebuilt by payday :D

I told him its shat itself and will need all new parts and he said max £675 and he could have it done by Wednesday.

not bad, but is the repair vs strp and buy that purple beast going to bite me in the ass :(. Or should I just buy it, sell my recon gb and all other parts engine, and fit my hybrid to the purple ct9????

ollie ryan

Member +
damn i paying £350 for my rebuild lol

i got a spare box for free and sent that off to be rebuilt and just told him to take his time

c3dpo

Member +
I gave him my spare box too, just need it ASAP :eek:p

I just hope it fixes my issue, as have replaced needless parts.

Though these guys are apparently good, a friend who owns a beastly 200sx has a hybrid box built by them, so keep em crossed for me guys, if this box goes in and it'sstill fooked I'm lost :(.