Where to start?

xchurdlex

Fresh Recruit
Hey im new here but have been signed up for awhile. I'm looking to start modifing my engine, but really dont no were to start, its a ep91 and totally standard bar the dumpvalve, its lowered and a turbo timer. I want to do things right which is why im asking advise and not going straight in a puting parts in that shud be supported by something else first. jjayokocha on here is my fella and he no's his stuff like but i want other peoples views too, as im doin my mods myself. I'm a trainee mechanic so i can do most of the fitting myself. Thanks in advance.

Cheryl

Mikey4410

Member +
heres some possible mods you could do that i have done on mine.....Uprated fuel pump,rising rate fuel pressure regulator,fcd, decat,straight through hks silent system(just end can only)manual boost control set to 16psi,dump valve,no power steering,Sunroof,aircon or interior,15" alloys with maxxis tyres

some of these things will require set up on a dyno

these are just some examples.....

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
imo...

bypass the hi/lo solenoid
decat exhaust, preferably 2.5"
ported manifold
HKS actuator
Boost guage
rising rate fuel pressure regulator
HKS Fuel Cut Defender
get the fueling set up on the rollers and that should get you started, and you should see close to 180 bhp @ 1 bar of boost :cool:

enjoy

gglavin

Member +
or you could sort your handling, for example

coilovers
brakes discs, pads & lines
remove your a/c & relocate the filter to front

this would be a good start IMO & allows you to make most of what youv got. but thats just me

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
wud agree on the coilovers... personally i think the brakes are good enough for road use, unless your going to be flying and need to get stopped in a hurry, some nice engine mods will give you a nice increase of torque... but depends what you want from the car

jjayokocha

Ulster Area Rep
Well her discs are fairly new and she got new pads for the front but ones on it and still in great condition. We just did the bypass for hi/lo so she's away out to test it now lol

GTEP82

Member +
dont be turning the boost up with out mods!! if running a standard ct9 only turn it up to 1bar or 14.5psi any more n your engine cud go bang

im running:
relocation air fliter
sps mani
decat
2.5" rs*r exhaust system
jam racing ecu
soon fmic
1bar of boost
:)
hoping for sum where near 180bhp

Kelly

Member +
Whats your aim for the car? i.e does it get used everyday? do you want it for trackdays/events? etc etc

To be honest i think it should go in the order of -

Decent alarm - no point modding if someone can take it away

Suspension

Braking

And then breathing mods , manifold (get that standard one off before upping the boost at all) decat exhaust etc and then take it from there depending on what set up you wanna go for , i.e stick with standard ct9 turbo? hybrid? td04?

Good luck with it all :)