Which Boost Controller ?

Casper

Lifer
Hi Guys...

yesterday i blow my engine with boost spike :( i was using hks manual boost controller and that boost controller is shit ass.. :mad:@:mad::mad::mad:

can u please tell me which one is the best manual boost controller ?

dac69er

Super Moderator
hks manual boost controller should be pretty decent i would say.

the turbosmart controllers are meant to be really good. i have one in my car im meaning to try out when i get the chance

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
I would recomend getting a Electronic one like a Blitz, HKS or apexi one

Casper

Lifer
hks manual boost controller should be pretty decent i would say.

the turbosmart controllers are meant to be really good. i have one in my car im meaning to try out when i get the chance

nah hks manual boost controller sucks ...

Adam_Glanza

Member +
well i havent fitted it just yet but toby is selling the autobahn mbc's and there about 30 pounds! but are completely modelled on the turbosmart mbc's which cant be a bad thing! have a look at his thread and see what you think

lanxter

Member +
i had a manual one off a friend who paid bout £50 quid for it noticed alot of creep after fitting it so took it back off in the end. waiting for a decent electronic controller.

Franza1

The reason i would recomend an Electronic one is it will cope better than a manual one with fluxuations, Either that or a HKS actuator, as you can ajust the boost with them

Adam_Glanza

Member +
depends if you got the cash really, ive heard that ebc's arent any better than a mbc, and that mbcs actually hold boost creep etc much better

Casper

Lifer
umm .. well so which ebc is good and user friendly and easily set by beginers... ??? and will it work on internal wastegate....???

Franza1

I have a Blitz SBC and i have installed one, And they are Piss easy to install and setup, the rest are about as easy and most if not all work wit internal wastegate,

You should be able to pick up a second hand one for £200 or less and £300 for a new one

Timmy

Member +
I never heard of boost spikes with an mbc before as you cannot increase the gain as it will be actuator control and secondly mbc or ebc will have no effect on boost creep as this all down to flow.
Either way most jdm boost controllers are good.

BomB191

Member +
iv got a duel stage GFB EBC, with a rocket switch for change from low to high. no problems installing or changing boost

ep_chen

Member +
i'd say electronic ones like the Blitz DSBC or HKS EVC range would be brilliant. but the HKS manual ones should be decent too.
i dont see how just a crap boost controller can blow your engine mate. here must be some other reason.

georgepong

Fresh Recruit
you should check the lines you use to hook up the mbc... make sure they not too small or long as they will cause some restrictritions and cause the creep... this is true for mbc an ebc... ebc usually better cause u leave everything in the bonnet some ppl try to run the mbc into cockpit.... too much hose.

Guye

Lifer
Guys any idea abt the greddy profec b boost controller ? iz it good and easy to install ?
It's a good unit. It takes a little while of road testing to set up since you can adjust the turbo start spool and peak hold gain settings for both hi/lo boost. I have been able to get my hybrid to start spooling from 1100-1200rpm with this unit fitted. It also has a warning feature and a safety shut off point where you determine what is the maximum safe boost and the unit warns you when this is exceeded. At the same time the unit will drop the boost to a preset safe level of your choosing in the event of overboost. Alot more complicated but the functions are all pratical for getting the very most out of your turbo.

Guye

Lifer
It's a good unit. It takes a little while of road testing to set up since you can adjust the turbo start spool and peak hold gain settings for both hi/lo boost. I have been able to get my hybrid to start spooling from 1100-1200rpm with this unit fitted. It also has a warning feature and a safety shut off point where you determine what is the maximum safe boost and the unit warns you when this is exceeded. At the same time the unit will drop the boost to a preset safe level of your choosing in the event of overboost. Alot more complicated but the functions are all pratical for getting the very most out of your turbo.
BTW this is the profecB spec 2 I'm talking about.