Which has the most drop

Spoonz

Member +
o yea i know what your sayin. Basically my friend brought sme kons and it came with TRD springs and he wants his car to sit low so he's not to worrie dbout excellent handling.
Plus 25mm isnt a awful lot
Thanks for the input monk have some rep :)

Texx

Super Moderator
The car wont sit low with Tein's, well mine didn't anyway. Rather disappointed with them to be honest.

'Off-Roader' springs to mind.

Texx

Super Moderator
These are the tyre to wheel arch gaps I've got using Tein springs on KYB shocks with T1-R 195/45/15 tyres:

FRONT

front.jpg

REAR

rear.jpg

Not exactly what I would call low anyway.

Texx

Super Moderator
TBH, it's never felt right since I fitted them, but I haven't driven the car enough to really worry about it.
I intend to change it all again soon anyway as it was only a quick fix for 3 leaking shockers, but I do wish I'd refitted the old fluffy brown springs that I took off instead. :(

Texx

Super Moderator
Texx> Is that after you've fitted the lowering springs? :eek:

Yep, thats how the car sits now. I would like to compare another GT with the same springs and tyre size as mine to see if this is normal, but I'm not really bothered by it as its all coming back off anyway, but not too impressed either.

Idrees

Banned
Maybe there is two types of Teins? I've seen some Starlets sitting fairly low on teins and others fairly high. Its wierd!

Anyhow, these are TRD (apparently)

DSC01031.jpg

Looks lower in the flesh.

stedee

Member +
have you got tein ss, usually with teins you cant get the back end very low but the front can usually go low, i think there is something wrong there btw.
2008_0805wedding0168.jpg