which headgasket

ktl

Member +
A standard HG has blown after an open pit lane at brands :D

Running TD04 1.4bar forged but what HG to run ?

a athena 1.2mm or a 1.4mm ? As i think the head has been skimed twice already.

Thanks

Skalabala

Member +
be safe and use the 1.4mm
if performance drop then just up the boost a bit.
And lower CR will allow more aggressive mapping and maybe 30Hp nos?

thefalls

Member +
Before you venture into any type of headgasket i think you better do some research.

A thicker head gasket will lower the compression ratio but will allow for more boost and hence more power,but it will also make the engine lazy offboost.

First thing,you need to calculate the present compression ratio and then decide which head gasket to go for.

http://www.race-cars.net/calculators/compression_calculator.html

To have a good off boost response, you better stick close to stock comp ratio,thats 8.2:1

ktl

Member +
Argh,everyone opting the 1.4mm. I got a 1.2mm here now. Would it not work with the td04 1.4bar?

madman

Member +
a 1.2 will work she will be a bit more responsive lower down as already said its just if you go for more power in the future it could be your down fall if you get me.

ktl

Member +
a 1.2 will work she will be a bit more responsive lower down as already said its just if you go for more power in the future it could be your down fall if you get me.

Yeah i understand, hmmm tough decision as most likely will go for more power in the future hehe..

why i used a standard HG as i was only using a ct9 hybrid at the time.. thought i wasnt going for more lol.

yeah 0.6mm thats with 4age headbolts, but that wont make a difference. i was going for over 2 bar, runnning the engine in at 1 bar on a td04. cant remember the ratio il go calculate it but it is a 5e

ktl

Member +
So i could be safe to run more boost in the future depends on the mapper / fuel ? @ 1.2mm mls gasket

forgot to say im using dished -10cc pistons.

its a tricky one mate, if i say yes and it fails due to shitty map or fuel you would blame me. thats why everyone elses answer is safe lol. with dished pistons and the head being skimmed twice( which will lower the compression more) you are probs better running 1.4mm. which would probibly work out nearer the same compresssion as a 1.2mm seeing as it has been skimmed

Last edited:

ktl

Member +
its a tricky one mate, if i say yes and it fails due to shitty map or fuel you would blame me. thats why everyone elses answer is safe lol. with dished pistons and the head being skimmed twice( which will lower the compression more) you are probs better running 1.4mm. which would probibly work out nearer 1.3-.2 seeing as it has been skimmed

Ok thanks for your help, and the others. Think i'll opt for the 1.4mm.