Which Management???

studoc72

Member +
I am planning on turning up the boost on my std CT9 next month and originally just planned to get a jam plug and play unit. But i have been told to get the best out the CT9 i should go for an EMB what is the benefits of this over a plug and play. I guess its more specific if you need it mapped? What EMB is best to go for and what should i pay 2nd hand? Also whats involved in fitting this type of equipment?

Cheers in Advance

H_D

Member +
Most tuners hate plug and play ecus as there is no need to map them and they are piss easy to install if your only looking to run a ct9 plug and play is the best option as you done need to get it mapped everytime you add another mod unless if yo decide to go for much bigger power/turbo etc in that case i would recommend a full standalone.
But most plug and play ecus can handle slightly bigger turbos such as a hybrid CT9 or a TD04 providing you have supporting mods such as uprated fule pump front, mount intercooler, induction kit etc

studoc72

Member +
I would be running a standard ct9 at 1 bar with arc tmic, mani, decat, hks actuator, nur spec r exhaust, hks mushroom and whatever plug and play. Biggest turbo id get in future would be a ct9 hybrid so you reckon just stick with a plug and play?

H_D

Member +
personally i would stick to a plug and play...im running 1.2 bar on my plug and play with a ct9 which has just had a liitle bit of porting on the wastegate hole.

studoc72

Member +
Aye buddy i knew that i would have to port the wastegate. How much did you port it? And did you just use a dremmel?

H_D

Member +
Close the wastegate flap and spary a lil bit of bright coloured sparaypaint on it so it the wastegate flap makes a border around the wastegate hole then use that as a guide to port...and yes i used a dremell tool with a hoover to make sure i get minimal debris inside the turbo u can also use a bit of cloth to stop the debris getting inside.

I ported as much as possible

studoc72

Member +
Nice one i seen a thread on doing it somewhere so planned on sticking a bit of cloth inside the spray idea is good though cheers.

kemnaychris

Member +
I went emb on my ct9 hybrid :)

Made 237.7 bhp@1.3bar which is gd I did have a jam plug n play but to get best have front mount filter and external tial to stop the dreaded boost creep and al the other usual fueling mods :)

studoc72

Member +
Right im quite lost by this all now. Whats the diff between EMU and EMB? Is there any more than tht lol? Is there a thread i can read up on them?