WHICH ONE ? Hotwire 0-5v, hotwire 5-0v, karmen vortex, or pressure sensor

bongskag

Member +
setting up a HKS S-AFR

just wondering if someone can confirm which one of the following our cars use ? I am confused as I believe it is pressure sensor ? but the map sensor uses 0-5v so could it be hotwire 0-5v ? I am required to change dip switches on the back of the Unit to suit the type of system. I dont think it was working right on pressure sensor as It wouldnt rev past 3500rpm and would sound like it was building boost but would not go any faster:holdit:

just the same speed then when I let of I could hear pops and bangs from the exhaust ! very worrying ! :eek:

hotwire 0-5v
hotwire 5-0v
karmen vortex
pressure sensor

thanks in advance and rep will be dished out!

AdamB

Member +
Yeah I would say pressure sensor. The hotwire type like John said is usually an airflow meter type and AFAIK the vortex is also another type of airflow meter.

bongskag

Member +
cheers dudes.. repped .. I didnt see map sensor on the list so was slightly confused ..

just have to check the wires into my field harness now , I think the rpm signal is possibly wrong. i set the number of cylinders to 4 but the revs dont match up . even tried on 2 and 8 cyl to check and it didnt double or half ? ! if you know what I mean, its quite a rare unit must have been pricey when it came out.

heres the manual
http://www.alltrac.net/manuals/SAFR/index.html

and pin-outs for ep82. I would be very grateful if someone could match them up for me real quick !
thanks again, the level of help from you guys is phenomenal

help.jpg

bongskag

Member +
just took the harness out, seems like that ones wired in correct.. :/ pin21 con1

is there another pin I could use ? is our signal analog ? I read that I might need the hks rev-ad

also I have tps wired into pin 18 con1 .. there are 3 tps signal wires, do I have the right one ?

is pressure sensor pin4 con1 ? i'm not 100% never wired one in before..

thanks people..

Last edited: