which one

aidan

Member +
I'm thinking of getting an LSD box for my car it has to be an aftermarket LSD box as i need to use my ep71 mounts so the OEM box won't fit. Now I have found a few different types for sale and I'm just wondering which one would be best suited to a road car. There's a TRD mechanical, TRD helical and a cusco but he's unsure what type the cusco one is.
Any help would be great
Thanks

AdamB

Member +
The cusco and TRD mechanical clutch type diff's both clunk/knock but can be reduced with a good oil or friction modifier, plus they wear out being a clutch type so do need rebuilding. The TRD helical is rare as hens teeth (assuming C52/C56 box). If you can get the helical it would be awesome. The helical is like the quaife diffs, low maintenence and doesn't make any noise.

Saying that I've heard nothing but shit hot reviews about the Cusco diff.

aidan

Member +
The cusco and TRD mechanical clutch type diff's both clunk/knock but can be reduced with a good oil or friction modifier, plus they wear out being a clutch type so do need rebuilding. The TRD helical is rare as hens teeth (assuming C52/C56 box). If you can get the helical it would be awesome. The helical is like the quaife diffs, low maintenence and doesn't make any noise.

Saying that I've heard nothing but shit hot reviews about the Cusco diff.

Cool thanks for the reply he's asking the same price for all 3 anyway so you think the helical is the way to go

AdamB

Member +
Helical is rare as fuck mate. I'm not sure how it will compare to the clutch types though so can't comment, but they do have their advantages.