white clio 197 - brand spankers

markeybhoy

Member +
just took a few snaps of my mates brand new 197. its not the cup but has the cup pack. he got all extras, the thing is pimped!! anthracite wheels, recaros, xenons, got the front splitter and side skirts in black, spoiler, tinted glass.

rolls it straight out the showroom and came up to show me. what do yous think? presonally i want one bad! looks gorgeous in white!

04072008197.jpg

04072008198.jpg

Rik

Member +
Me like :) loving the new sporty hatches coming out, look proper race specced beasts :D

markeybhoy

Member +
he cant drive it aggressivly obv till its run it but what i felt when he planted it to about 4k, didnt seem any quicker than my glanza... could pull after 4grand tho... need to wait and see

davehart

Member +
I think they are disgusting to be honest. I'd rarther have a 172 or 182 if I was going to get a clio sport, much nicer looking car than the new ones.

davehart

Member +
he cant drive it aggressivly obv till its run it but what i felt when he planted it to about 4k, didnt seem any quicker than my glanza... could pull after 4grand tho... need to wait and see

They are 10bhp up on the previous model I believe. They do have some punch at around 4 -5 then kicks back in at 6rpm.

Can't see it being that much different power wise than thew older 172/182 models as its more of less the same 2 liter engine with a few tweaks.

markeybhoy

Member +
yeah fair point. the seats are pure sex. apparently they wear away really easily though fron getting in and out! is this a common prob with bucket seats in general??

davehart

Member +
yeah fair point. the seats are pure sex. apparently they wear away really easily though fron getting in and out! is this a common prob with bucket seats in general??

Dont know about that one, never had a car with bucket seats in. I supose it depends how you get in and out of them :)

lleey2k4

Member +
My m8 has got 1 of these in racing blue they handle like a dream tbf. I was chosen to go up for it with him on the 1st day he had it on the 1st day of the 08 plate.

monka

Member +
my misses is on about buying one soon, starts her new job so is looking for something,

although, they are WAY TO COMMON

new clios are absofuckinglutely everywhere, we went to cinima the other night, average sized car park, 4 197's, and a about 10 others, was like a bloody mini meet

jimmer

Member +
they are deffo a cool motor. A mate of mine got the 197 cup in white just before christmas, white as well. Sounds class and handles real well. He got the panel filter, some fancy exhaust an rollin roaded at 204bhp. Although he has been tortured with some problems since he got it, from the seat material comin apart to paint needin redone on the roof an all. Unfortunate for such a nice car. But apart from that i love it too lol.

Brett-GT

Member +
I have been an avid starlet and jap car fan for years. Then the time came to get a newish , slightly sensible car and i'm currently driving the clio's big brother the Megane r26 230.I must say i have been really impressed with the car and the way these things handle needs to be experienced! For a new car they really do have the grin factor , which is lacking from so many cars made today, cheers Brett

CIMG0424.jpg

ragz

Member +
@ brett-GT

giv me your front seats outta the megane really would like a pair

lush seats they have