white smoke after fitting exhaust

morpheus

Member +
hi
just had my exhaust, downpipeand intercooler piping doneand now am having loads of white smoke and a burning smell also...i assume its the dirt and grease that were on the pipes that were burning...[as it was a custom made dpipe and exhaust].....i ran about 4o km with it and came back home and the car was still doing whit smoke...
check my dum valve to see if there were any sign of oil...but seems ok...
whats ur opinion guys?:(:(

durmz

Member +
im not sure mate, but think oil is blue smoke...might be wrong...been on the beer all eve

durmz

Member +
lol...im well fucked...but im pretty damn sure oil is blue smoke..i should really shtup lol

Derek

Lifer
I believe its when the all the shite gets burnt of the inside of the new exhaust and there is a build up of all that black sooty shite on the wall of the pipes.

Last edited:

hybrid_G4E

Member +
hi
just had my exhaust, downpipeand intercooler piping doneand now am having loads of white smoke and a burning smell also...i assume its the dirt and grease that were on the pipes that were burning...[as it was a custom made dpipe and exhaust].....i ran about 4o km with it and came back home and the car was still doing whit smoke...
check my dum valve to see if there were any sign of oil...but seems ok...
whats ur opinion guys?:(:(

when i fitted my full exhaust system it smoked a bit, and dissapeared after some time. i gues the fibreglass packing in there got burned off somehow. :)

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
just give it time... but if its making your head in just drop the downpipe off your turbo and see if there is any oil. if not you can rule the turbo out and wait till it clears from your new system :)

morpheus

Member +
just give it time... but if its making your head in just drop the downpipe off your turbo and see if there is any oil. if not you can rule the turbo out and wait till it clears from your new system :)

it does it only when the engine is hot......and also seems to be lots of smoke coming from my engine bay and when i checked it ,the smoke is coming where the down pipe and exhaust meets....:(

smythy75

Member +
if u have used exhaust paste or the likes it will burn up a bit but norm u get smoke from the new exhaust cause it prob has like a oily surface on it from the factory or that!