white smoke....strange

tomgt106

Member +
Hi guys fitted new turbo couple of weeks ago..seemed fine bit of shaft play but has nough power and no signs of oil leaking really. Although when on a warm idle i get white smoke coming out lightly, now its strange because it doesnt smell like oil more like water. However after the idle smoke if i turn the car off then start it 5 mins later the smoke comes out more. Now im not sure if its just old oil burning off from the previous turbo and condensation as its very cold here at the moment!

Any help would be appreciated :)

jossgaa

Fresh Recruit
I have exactly the same problem, recently I have changed the turbo and now sometimes I have these symptoms, not always. What could be the problem?

dark_knight

Member +
white smoke ghost

did this ever get resolved..? i also just changed my turbo and it's my first drive and getting some bits of white smoke. not had a chance to smell it. car's been sitting for about a week prior to today's drive so now sure if to worry..? doubt it's condensation though..

Ben89

Lifer
Sounds like condensation in all cases, of your car isn't using oil or water then don't worry about it.