who has bought and fitted an Exedy clutch recently?

A L 3 X

Member +
Without trying to sound repetetive after my last thread is there anyone who has recently bought(preferably from camskill) and fitted an exedy clutch, in particular the stage one organic? If so what are your experiences? The reason I ask is the organic seems perfect for my needs....i dont launch the car, neither am i aiming for massive bhp....i do like to have a good old play in the car tho but i also do a lot of town and traffic driving which i think will cause a paddle clutch to wear too quick?

But I am put off by the recent rep of the organic one, after a search a lot of people rated them really high, but i hear last year there was a bad batch and people have said they will wear out quickly....hence i want to know if anyone has any recent experiences?

Cheers

david.m

Fresh Recruit
I Fitted one around may and so far its been great, recently had to change the gearbox and inspected the clutch it was still basically brand new.
I'm running 1bar on a hybrid ct9 rotated for shorter fmic piping and even with doing a few launches its great and not that different in feel to the standard clutch in stop start traffic. hope that helps bud

td04 project:)

Member +
I fitted one last year and had no prob with it, done mostly spirited town driving and it never missed a beat, but i have changed plans now and starting to do alot of track days so ive replaced it with a paddle, if you are needing a clutch give me a pm cause ive just removed my organic but its only got about 1000miles on it.

Allan

Nippon

Member +
Had my second paddle fitted today. Not picked the car up yet.
Previous one lasted 3 years.
Quite harsh to start with but you soon get used to it.

skevosEP91

Member +
i had the exedy organic clutch for about 8 months, i launched the car almost every day, i was powershifting the car every day and still was good.... Now i am forging my engine cause it broke and i bought again the Exedy organic clutch kit..... im going for vf24 setup and my mechanic says it will be fine with that clutch....:)

A L 3 X

Member +
td04 project, how much you after mate, I think I will go new regardless as its just the best option imo as I want to avoid striping it all down again soon.

Nippon, thats my only gripe with the paddle, the type of more town driving than launch driving the less surface area of the paddle means it is likely to fail in a shorter time than the organic?

Have you all got yours from camskill? Thts where Im thinking but the part about not having a warranty if fitted to standard flywheel worries me.

Member +
I no what u mean mate its no worries but i wouldnt worry about the warranty thing, u will be fine with organic from camskill aslong as u dont run much over 200bhp.
Also if you do fancy a saving i will be putting the clutch plate, pressure plate and release bearing up for sale soon anyway for £120 plus postage so half price. Good luck whatever you do bud.

Cheers,
Allan

A L 3 X

Member +
I no what u mean mate its no worries but i wouldnt worry about the warranty thing, u will be fine with organic from camskill aslong as u dont run much over 200bhp.
Also if you do fancy a saving i will be putting the clutch plate, pressure plate and release bearing up for sale soon anyway for £120 plus postage so half price. Good luck whatever you do bud.

Cheers,
Allan

Did you get yours from there then? and did you fit to an old flywheel with no probs?

TBH mate, that price is really tepting with that mileage, something just tells e to go for brand new though :/

Thanks for your help tho man :y:

Member +
Yet I've had a good few clutches from camskill over the years and always fitted to old flywheel, never had a prob!
As i said its no bother bud, u will have more peace of mind buying new just a lighter wallet;p

Allan

A L 3 X

Member +
ah brill thanks mate, gonna replace the crank seal at the same time, should i do the clutch fork or not?

Also, do the orgaic clutches llast a lng time do you know? This is what im getting mixed reviews abot bt i am not an abusive driver?

And haha yeah, but im a worryer as u can probably see, so a lighter wallet will have t do haha