Wht tyre pressures do you run!

Disco Stew

Fresh Recruit
Im goin to the pod on the 5th of april,
Ive got an PE91, running 1baror boost with paexi intake, HKS FCD and that about it.
Wht sort of times should i expect to get?

also ive got some 15'inch bbs rims so was wondering what sort of tyre pressures work best!

Any help would be great!

Stew

Craig_GT

Lifer
If your running 1bar boost mate, ad get fueling mods on to support this and a manifold aswell.
your asking for trouble if thats your only mods.

bit of friendly advice :)

Craig

Beaker

Member +
If you have an FCD and no fueling mods, do not expect to finish the quater mile as your engine might blow up! You must get some fueling mods and an aftermarket manifold

EP91_Girl

Member +
i ran my car @ the pod last year..
im running 16psi of boost, and in my 16" rota slipstreams i had the preseaur at 30psi @ front and 28psi at the rear, she did well i was most impressed, but had trouble getitng off the line on my second run due to spinning up in 1st and 2nd :(

times were 14.2 secs and 15.6 secs i got the print out and every thing i was well scared as never run my car at pod before lol lol

good Luck Hun :)

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
tyre pressures regardless of size or trim.. if street tyres should always be 28psi, if semi slics then 20~25psi. (on the road)

slics & semis down the qtm 12psi.. not more ;)

kon

EP91_Girl

Member +
tyre pressures regardless of size or trim.. if street tyres should always be 28psi, if semi slics then 20~25psi. (on the road)

slics & semis down the qtm 12psi.. not more ;)

kon

Damn i will rember this for july when i run her again at the Pod.. hehe new i was doing some thing wrong Doh! *bloody women drivers* lol

HYBRID

lol i dont think its coz ur a woman ... it seems in general the brits cant drag race to save their lives lol :haha:

EP91_Girl

Member +
lol i dont think its coz ur a woman ... it seems in general the brits cant drag race to save their lives lol :haha:

well it was my first time *go's all red and shy*
but next time im going to kick ass, even though i beat a "apparently" 300BHP turbo punto by 0.6 secs haha whooped by a girl how small did he feel!!!

Disco Stew

Fresh Recruit
If you have an FCD and no fueling mods, do not expect to finish the quater mile as your engine might blow up! You must get some fueling mods and an aftermarket manifold

Wht sort of fueling mods and am i needing an exhuast manifold or intake manifold to help with this?

cheres

Knightsy-EP91

Member +
well i ran 15.4 on a totally standard glanza at japshow.

so expect high 14's if u run 1 bar lol! but if you run with no fueling mods, as said don't expect to get home after the runs.

Knightsy-EP91

Member +
Wht sort of fueling mods and am i needing an exhuast manifold or intake manifold to help with this?

cheres

You need a fcd (fuel cut defender) and rrfpr (rising rate fuel pressure regulator) at the least! you need a decat and manifold as the standard ones will almost certainly crack.

starbogt

Member +
Tyre pressures depend on what your driving style is like what clutch you use wat tyres and what track temps are like. Just take a pump with you and find what is best compromise between getting off the line and top speeds.

gedis

Member +
i ran my car @ the pod last year..
im running 16psi of boost, and in my 16" rota slipstreams i had the preseaur at 30psi @ front and 28psi at the rear, she did well i was most impressed, but had trouble getitng off the line on my second run due to spinning up in 1st and 2nd :(

times were 14.2 secs and 15.6 secs i got the print out and every thing i was well scared as never run my car at pod before lol lol

good Luck Hun :)

funny got axact 14.2(print out) with 187HP(167WHP) on standart ct9b turbo runing 16psi, with 195/50/15 a048 semi slicks on 1bar few years back ;)

HYBRID

Hybrid, Do you reccomend 28psi all round? think mine might be slightly less on the back!

hi mate, yeah on road tyres the best all round setup weve found is with 28psi.. as it keeps the tyre in place well, but keeps the compound softer as well :)

kon

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
I run between 10 and 12 on the front and 32 in the back to try and reduce the rear tires rolling resistance. Seems to work for me.

alfradio

Member +
IMG_8819.jpg

Drag radials up front (Nitto 205/55/14) on TERCEL1 are 12 - 15 psi and the rear
tires are inflated to around 45 psi (for less rolling resistance)

alf :homer: