why tgtt.com is the best ! imo

glanzaj03

Member +
i recently bought a seat ibiza cupra, had it a couple of weeks now so i thought i'd join a seat forum (won't say which one but i'm sure it's pretty obvious anyway). i had a quick question about what bov/dv would be suitable for the car as i wasn't happy with the forge one on the car at the moment. i spent about an hour browsing the forum and reading through faq's and reading about how the 1.8T engine uses a re-circulating dump valve but i was still unsure about what one to go for so i posted the question to get advice from members who'd had hands on experience with various dv's. this was my first ever post on the forum and one guy on there has blasted me saying he's not giving me any more info on it as it's all there on the forum and i'm too lazy to look ! don't get me wrong, he had answered the question to start with but i thought that was a bit harsh and i had a couple more questions which followed on from the answers i'd been given. some of the other members on there were really helpfull. but my point is my very first post on tgtt.com was regarding bov's and the response i got was fantastic. i got bombarded with welcomes and answers and vid clips of bov's etc ! :rockon:

anyway, just wanted to get that off my chest and it just proves how great tgtt.com is ! i know it was only one guy who was being harsh and all the other members on there were great but that one guy has made me feel dubious about posting on there now, where as on here i feel i can post any question etc no matter how trvial it may be and i will get nothing but help and good advice.

sorry for the essay, rant over now !

GTdan

In The Closet
fact - its an awesome forum this one
fact - you always get a handful of nobs on every forum
fact- youll be bored of the seat in a few months and come crawling back to the starlets :p

glanzaj03

Member +
fact - its an awesome forum this one
fact - you always get a handful of nobs on every forum
fact- youll be bored of the seat in a few months and come crawling back to the starlets :p

first 2 are defo true 3rd is false as i kept the glanza aswell ! :haha:

gv1.3

Admin
one thing we try to make sure is that new members get a warm welcome and you only have to look through the welcome section to see how our members welcome each and every new member who arrives on tgtt.

Thanks for your post as its good to hear positive feedback every once in a while ;)

glanzaj03

Member +
one thing we try to make sure is that new members get a warm welcome and you only have to look through the welcome section to see how our members welcome each and every new member who arrives on tgtt.

Thanks for your post as its good to hear positive feedback every once in a while ;)

i'm glad you commented on it dylan, i was interested to see what you thought about it. i realise that it's pointless posting questions when the answers have been discussed previously but on that particular forum they seem really keen for people to not post unless they have searched the forum for hours first to find the answer. is there some technical reason for that or something ? is it because that forum can't hold as much info or it slows it up or something ? :confused: