wiesco pistons...

starlet666

Member +
what have u guys heard about wiesco pistons are they good or not that great...
in my job i came accross a guy sellin them and a set of scat rods 2 fit my gt and thinkin its a good buy as they are just over 1000 so i just askin a quick q 2 see what people have heard about them

turboflow

Member +
what have u guys heard about wiesco pistons are they good or not that great...
in my job i came accross a guy sellin them and a set of scat rods 2 fit my gt and thinkin its a good buy as they are just over 1000 so i just askin a quick q 2 see what people have heard about them

make sure they are 74.5 mm or more and get your block bored to match as fitting 74 to to the standard 74 will not be tight and will end up wrecking the block piston rings or pistons

Starbus

Member +
Deffo go for the overbore piston as stated.

An aftermarket piston actually needs a bigger piston to bore clearance, so what you said isn't entirely true.

Auto EP82

Lifer
av a look on ebay.com sometimes they got those pistons n scat rods for bout $800 if the place is all ok it could save you loads m8 n thing they got both sizes for the same price

tgidavid

Member +
Wisecos are great! As said before boring and cylinder wall clearance are the most important. Otherwise they tend to rattle during cold starts.

starlet666

Member +
yeh the ones im lookin at are a 75mm piston... and i know that they will rattle being forged i have had a forged motor b4 but was using arias pistons and hated them alot