will a 4efe head fit a gt turbo?

rarest_glanza

Fresh Recruit
hi i know this is definetly a repost someone must have asked this before but cannot find it anywhere.. but basically my heads gone, valves have bent and car sounds f**d, ive sourced a normal 4EFE from local garage and have read up and to me it sounds like it will fit as there is not much difference? are the cams different maybe? would it fit? yes or no and if no plz state why... thanks for your help i am bit confused at the moment and its doing ma nut in! :(:confused:

from what i gather it will fit straight on but as a pre-caution i would use the injection rail and all the running gear outta the turbo head it will cost you alot in labor i no cz i warped a head due to shite headgaskit for a 4efe not 4efte nly lasted a week nd i didnt put it in there privios owner did 3000 euro in one week but yes anyway id keep looking for a turbo head i got mine for 50 euro

Texx

Super Moderator
The head, cams and valves are the same, but some 4E-FE heads have different valve springs to the 4E-FTE head. I would remove a valve spring from each head to compare, if they appear to be the same then you should be good to go. If you have any doubts swap all 16 valve springs to be certain, it'll also give you the opportunity to replace the valve stem oil seals and lap the valves at the same time.

Jaf_ep91

Member +
i have a rebuilt 4efte glanza head comes with receipt for 310 pound good offer and its yours its still on th ecar so can hear it running etc

dac69er

Super Moderator
The head, cams and valves are the same, but some 4E-FE heads have different valve springs to the 4E-FTE head. I would remove a valve spring from each head to compare, if they appear to be the same then you should be good to go. If you have any doubts swap all 16 valve springs to be certain, it'll also give you the opportunity to replace the valve stem oil seals and lap the valves at the same time.

im surprised the cams are the same!!! means i technically have a spare head for my car ;)