will my car need to be mapped???

Breno58

Member +
I have a 98 glanza v and am thinking of doing a few things to it and was just wondering if id need to have it remapped?
Ive already added an induction kit with cold air feed and next i wanna put a cat back exhaust system on it and maybe a front mount also.
Any help is appreciated lads, Thanks.....

TomS

Lifer
As long as you keep below fuel cut (0.8 bar) on the standard turbo the ecu will fuel fine.
If you want to run more than 0.8 bar then you will have to fit a fuel cut defender and a rising rate fuel pressure regulator and hve the fuelling checked by someone with a wideband to ensure that it's not running too rich or lean. Alternatively you could fit a piggyback ecu and get it mapped for extra power and increased mpg over the rrfpr/fcd setup

thefalls

Member +
Also to run more boost you better get a better manifold as the stock one is crap above .8 bar ...too much heat in cylinder no3 cos of a restriction in the third runner.

jabran200

Member +
as the guys say its fine up until fuel cut. But even then there is more power to be had with a piggyback or standalone ecu.

Breno58

Member +
Thanks for the replys lads, does anyone know where i could get a piggyback ecu in Ireland preferably around Dublin???

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
Speak to mi16chris on here... hes a local guru on starlet mapping & (i think) is close enough to u.. hes a valued site trader which really knows his stuff, & can source & tune the emanage ultimate, which would be the only piggyback u could ever want ;)

kon