will this be ok....

D1v

Member +
decided i was going to fit my td04 kit today myself instead of getting someone else to do it, i take it putting the kit on and running it on standard boost no engine management etc will be ok aslong as you drive it easy yea.. the only time ill be driving it like this is when i have to head down south to get it mapped anyways so 3hrs driving max, iam just wandering would it be ok to also fit a walbro fuel pump and 370cc injectors?

GP82

Member +
I would chuck the fuel pump in and run car on 6 - 7 psi max until you get a tune. You can put the 370cc injectors in, but they will overfuel and if they start chuckin' in alot of fuel, it is possible for borewash to occur (oil/petrol mix) and literally eat away your bearing's as that mix becomes abrasive. The stock 295cc with the uprate fuel pump and low boost should be a safe bet until you get tuned. Best to change over to big injector's when you get to your tuner, what engine management are you getting tuned on?

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
im driving mine on .8 now for 2 -3weeks with no problems only really gave it a bit of boost once it was grand , im getting it mapped next week and i was told not to fit the injectors so im holding off on them

D1v

Member +
great thanks lads repd :) il just put the pump on then. ... Will be using emu

Last edited:

Rory

Lifer
You should be fine up to standard fuel cut levels.
The standard ECU fuel's really heavy even when standard.

BUT, have it checked when its done.