Willwood users...help

350ep70gr

Member +
Morning guys.

Yesterday i sold my old willwood brake kit to a friend. Today i went to fit them to his car and the rotors rub to the lower ball joint. I was using this kit for ages to mine without any issues or spacers or whatever. His car was a n/a before but he told me he had change the all parts from an ep82. It is doing the rub at both sides. From my point of view it seems it needs at least 4mm spacer behind the rotor. His aligment is more than fine as we check it on a lazer machine few minutes ago.
Anyone else had this prob? Am i doing anything stupid...?:( I am ready to go to a machine shop and make some 4mm spacers to bring the rotor more out to clear the ball joint.Also to take away 4mm from the caliper mounting bracket so it will shit at about the midle of the moved rotor.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Rob H

Member +
people that have had this problem be for have taken some off the ball joint I think its down to the casting on the ball joint you can quit easily take enough off with out up setting anything.

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
was it something like the oem ball joints are slightly different to pattern part ball joints? one type the rotor cleared them fine and the other it rubs, something like that??

turboloon

Member +
it was me that had the problem,mark from cmb autos told me the hubs are slightly different on the uk spec motors as opposed to the jap imports,i changed the hub and low behold the clearence issue was gone..

Last edited:

Rob H

Member +
mine also is a uk spec and I had no problems with mine and its still on the original bottom ball joints.

i had his issue with cats gt i fitted new aftermarket ball joints (both sides) and they touched the rotor's so i had to fit the oem toyota ones again that sorted it !