Windows Vista

DannyBoi

Member +
hi everyone just bought myself a laptop with vista and im finding the screens abit dark dose any one know where i can find the settings to adjust the brightness i cant find it for shizzle lol thx

TomS

Lifer
Click on the battery/charger icon in the bottom right hand corner of the screen and move to high performance this should brighten up the screen. also if it's pluged in the screen will be brighter as it goes dim to save the battery.

I hope i hit the nail on the head.

Tom

gv1.3

Admin
hi mate what model of laptop is it?

usually if you hold down the FN or function key on most laptops you will find that the up and down arrows or one of the F keys will have a little sun on them for you to adjust brightness

TomS

Lifer
On mine holding down the fn key and pressing the arrow keys adjusts the volume but i never knew that until now:homer:

gv1.3

Admin
haha... well its different on all models. On Dell machines it does brightness... im on a toshiba tablet machine at the moment and its fn f7 to increase brightness

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
yep, as stated the FN key plus either the cursors or if yours is like mine then one of the function keys at the top :homer:

If you cant find that then you can adjust it within your BIOS. When you first turn on the laptop you will get a manufacturer splash screen which will say which key enters the BIOS/setup e.g F2,F10 etc. When in the BIOS you will see brightness go down to that and turn it up full.
As for adjsting it inside windows, if you look at your keyboard one of the keys will have a picture of a sun on it, hold in the Fn key and tap whichever key has the sun on it and that will also brighten the screen.
Christy