Windows XP games on Vista??

Demenshun3k

Member +
How come games dont work on my lap top, i mean they install and all but wont work!! are XP games not compatible with Vista?

Dave.

Member +
They *should* work perfectly, what game is it? It must have compatibility issues with some hardware on your laptop

Dave

dac69er

Super Moderator
christ. i can play games that were made back in the windows 98 days and they are fine. compatibility is better on vista that xp rather than the other way round. especially on newer games

Demenshun3k

Member +
must be somethin... cuz it installs and works then just crashes!!!

All other games go to load but then a warning saying crashed.. ?? all games are XP compatible

Dave.

Member +
almost certianly hardware rather than software - i.e. your graphics card/processor/amount of memory etc

riko666

Member +
search online dude - I was having an issue on the laptop where I'd always get kicked off servers, my flatmate who's a bit of a computer knowledable, searched online and found that sometimes you need to fiddle with the registry entries, and ouilah, he fixed it :)

dac69er

Super Moderator
could just be the simple case of a certain setup not working well on a certain game. not into PC gaming much anymore, but when i was this was a common problem. certain setups didnt work to well for certain applications.

Demenshun3k

Member +
Me either, jus said i'd try to check out the graphics, havent much time to be gaming anymore but just wanted to see graphics wise!! anyway cheers lads will do a search