Word of warning. Check Things!

Beaker

Member +
Just a quick heads up. I was out in the Glanza with my mother yesterday and she was saying how it smelt of petrol. I didnt really think much of it as its running 1 bar with just an FCD and RRFPR so is a bit rich low down in the revs. Later on i was out and it was stinking so I pulled over and found petrol spraying everywhere under the bonnet! A clip on a fuel hose had cut into the hose and pierced it. I havent done anything to those pipes for at least three months so had no reason to think there would be any problems.
Luckily for me the car didnt burst into flames but it could of. Next time you open the bonnet, just have a quick look at your fuel lines as I will be from now on.

dac69er

Super Moderator
thats why its good to make sure everything is fitted nicely and nothing seems to rub or cut into anything when you fit parts.

thats why it takes me twice as long to fit anything on my car ;)

Beaker

Member +
Yeah, I checked everything when I fitted it and it was all fine. 3 months of vibrations must have slowly done the damage until it split. Fixed now and will keep an eye on fuel hoses from now on.

madmanGT

Banned
ya no wat is very handy to have with you in your car,some might say its stupid etc but haven a small fire extingursher(spelling) it happened a friend of mine his engine bay went up in flames due to leaky injecter, and would of burned his hole car only for a nabour looked out to see smoke from the car,ran out and put it out in time.. always worth a check every so often of your engine bay

Knightsy-EP91

Member +
ya no wat is very handy to have with you in your car,some might say its stupid etc but haven a small fire extingursher(spelling) it happened a friend of mine his engine bay went up in flames due to leaky injecter, and would of burned his hole car only for a nabour looked out to see smoke from the car,ran out and put it out in time.. always worth a check every so often of your engine bay

idd mate getting 1 when i get round to fitting my harnesses.

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
lucky one buddy.

rule of thumb is always have a look under the bonnet before u go for a drive ;)

kon

gv1.3

Admin
this has happened to me a couple of times now. Im on the look out for a different method of securing the fuel lines

HYBRID

where fuel lines are concerned.. your only options should either be silicone or braided.. rubber fail after a while always.. :(

Luke.R

Member +
My starlet did burst into flames under the bonnet whilst I was working on it.

I had a problem with the coolant temp sensor and it was playing up because the connector was full of oil and crap, but there did seem to be fuel there aswell.

I unplugged it while the car was running, pulled the connector apart, plugged it together again and then next thing I had a 2 foot flame under the bonnet and up my arm, lucky I had a fire extingisher in the boot or I would have lost the car lol.

My mates just laughed while I'm trying to find the boot release with my arm on fire, never moved so fast in all my life though lol

toyobaz

Member +
where fuel lines are concerned.. your only options should either be silicone or braided.. rubber fail after a while always.. :(

braided are rubber !
and rubber is used as standard
and if using silicone you must make sure its fuel/oil graded !
:)

HYBRID

braided are rubber !
and rubber is used as standard
and if using silicone you must make sure its fuel/oil graded !
:)

yes braided are rubber on the inside.. BUT on the outside u have the s/s mesh to prevent the clips from eating into the rubber..

as for silicone it goes without saying bud, that for oil, water, air, fuel different types are used.

good for pointing that out though, i forgot to mention that :)

kon