Work...

eptommi

Member +
Gah ive been a waiter for just over a year now im really getting bored of my job, its the same thing day in day out!

Just not sure where i want to go from here, i thought i wanted to turn my photography into some sort of career but im afraid it will ruin my passion for it.

Many other people in my position? Any ideas? Or anyone know of any different jobs in the Essex area?

Tommi.

sanchez

Member +
Im sort of the same mate, i have worked nights in a warehouse for the last 3 years, the works ok, some good lads there, and the pay is great for me!

But the job is so secure its unreal, i work in a supermarket warehouse, asda to be percise, so its never going to go tits up like.

I doubt i could find another job that pays the same, BUT i would take a pay cut for a job that i enjoyed in social hours.

eptommi

Member +
yeah thats the thing my job is secure, pays not to bad and the people i work with are a right laugh.

I do both at the moment, but just the photography as a hobby. Ive been doing a lot of photoshoots of friends cars and bikes recently and they all seem to think i should start charging for shoots.

Just not to sure if theres a market out there for something like that

cantbassed

Member +
have you tried wedding photo's etc etc. some big money can be made from that. advertise in the paper. i used to be in a comfy job, (retail) money was ok for what i was doing, then i had abit of a doo dah with management and i walked out...... you know what it was the best thing i had done. had been there for 3 years, wasting my life away as i had bigger hopes and dreams. i went on the dole, and 4months later i got a job in care work with young adults with leaning difficulties! if you want a day which is different every day, food and fun paid for you, freedom with your ideas, chances of progressing, feeling that you have accomplished something, stressful times missed with excitement, pushing boundaries and being diverse. care work is where its at. in some places money is good, some better and plenty, plenty over time! I don’t work in care any more, as that was not my dream, but that’s a option.

I think most people are the same mate every job gets repetitive no matter what your job is the old saying is

I go to work for the money not for the work
:haha:

eptommi

Member +
yeah a mate of mine has just started care work,he works with adults with behavour problems, he seems to really enjoy it!

I do try to just think of the money lol:p but i used to be an assistant manager at delta force paintball, and i loved it! i used to crave going to work lol, had to leave as the money was pretty poor, would love to be in a job that i enjoyed like that again lol

Perhaps ill see if i can sort out some kind of website for my photography!