worth it

aidan

Member +
1 of the lads is trying to sell me an adjustable cam pulley are they worth it or a waste of money.

ben10

Member +
personaly i wouldent bother. minimal gains and always the risk of it slipping round. better off stick a set of 5e cams in :D

AdamB

Member +
I think they are good if your a tuner or look to maximise your setup. You can always combat knock by retarding the valve timing slightly to reduce cylinder pressures, but still remain with high ignition advance :)

A lot of people say they are not worth it unless running aftermarket cams and trying to dial them in etc, but they do offer some advantages other than that :) For the sake of like £60.

aidan

Member +
I think they are good if your a tuner or look to maximise your setup. You can always combat knock by retarding the valve timing slightly to reduce cylinder pressures, but still remain with high ignition advance :)

A lot of people say they are not worth it unless running aftermarket cams and trying to dial them in etc, but they do offer some advantages other than that :) For the sake of like £60.

Thanks so you reckon a good job then

aidan

Member +
Not sure il ask him. Would I be able to lower the powerband a bit with it like true twincam engines or would it work differently

elison

Member +
If you know how to use it properly its well worth it. Thats why they made them. it may be less beneficial on our engine but you do have advantages using it.