Wow not a gd day help!

glanzanut

Lifer
Well left my radio on in the car last night, so threw some jump leads onto my work van to start it, somehow there must have been a power surge. I now have no lights on the dash, it blew the efi fuse which I replaced. So car now starts, however I still have no radio, wipers or lights on dash, all the other fuses look ok apart from the big one for the altenator which is blown by the looks of it as there is a gap in the copper? Would this being blown cause the other problems however? Also does anyone have one of these or a part number?
Help very very appreciated? :freddy:

glanzanut

Lifer
Cheers stu, can't see the altenator fuse on that page though? Can anyone confirm if this fuse would cause the other problems?

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
was the van a 24v one?? :S take a good look at the fuses as sometimes you wont notice they are blown

glanzanut

Lifer
was the van a 24v one?? :S take a good look at the fuses as sometimes you wont notice they are blown

Hmm yeah that's something I'll have to look into as I have jumped it off the van before no probs. Just a bit concerned as the fuse for the altenator is 100amps I think, so would take a fair surge to blow that I would say. I'll have to pull all them out again and double check.
Thanks for the replys guys