Wow!!!

spence

Member +
Got some of those clear indicators the other day and they do change the look of the car quite abit

Heres a pic of it before and after

Before with the nasty orange indicators
Before.jpg

After with the nice clear indicators
After.jpg

Just need to sort out the headlights now, they look discusting lol

spence

Member +
Cheers lewis, i just need to sort out the headlights now, any quick and cheap ways to do that anyone?

mork

Member +
This is a method us Toyota Sera owners use for cloudy headlights.

If headlights are bonded together they can be taken apart by heating them in the oven at about 120°C for 10 mins. Pull the two halves apart and clean them all up, then back in the oven for a bit to soften the sealant and put the halves back together. Make sure you remove all bulbs and clips first and don't leave them unattended in the oven! Are they glass or plastic lenses?

spence

Member +
Front mount intercooler mate fmic

Oh yeah haha, Should have known lmao

This is a method us Toyota Sera owners use for cloudy headlights.

If headlights are bonded together they can be taken apart by heating them in the oven at about 120°C for 10 mins. Pull the two halves apart and clean them all up, then back in the oven for a bit to soften the sealant and put the halves back together. Make sure you remove all bulbs and clips first and don't leave them unattended in the oven! Are they glass or plastic lenses?

Dont fancy putting the headlights in the oven tbh. There plastic lenses

lewism1

Member +
There abit scratched n stuff, iv found a video on youtube to restore them, so might do that tbh. Whats a FMIC????
Yeah gunna get a side mounted plate when i get my private plate on

haha yeah sorry mate its front mount intercooler :)

mork

Member +
Oh yeah haha, Should have known lmao

Dont fancy putting the headlights in the oven tbh. There plastic lenses

The Sera also has plastic lenses, but so long as you don't have the temperature too high or leave them in the oven too long you'll be fine. The inside of the lense gets really dirty too, you'll be amazed at the difference! I put them in at 120degs Celsius (electric fan oven) for about 5 mins, then take them out and try and pull them apart (the sealant is really gooey), if they don't budge, stuff them back in for a few mins and then try again. Once the sealant lets go they come apart easy (suggest you use oven gloves or tea towels). This assumes the Starlet lights are assembled in a similar way to the Sera, which I'm sure they are. Then I used the finest grade wet and dry with plenty of water and some washing up liquid, gave the inside of the lense a good going over, then T-Cut or Brasso and finally some polish, put them all back together, amazing difference!! You can get Mothers polish which some people swear by, but I've never used it so can't comment.
Just don't rush it, keep your eye on it all the time and it'll be fine. Then reverse the procedure to put them back together. The first time is abit worrying, but you Starlet boys can get headlights easy, whereas the Sera is much rarer and headlights in good nick are hard to come by. New ones are over £100 each!